* So, what are these molds and weights and what they eat.
Silicone Molda and Weiners are such silicone molds, assistant tools for the manufacture of various elements. It can be moldes of leaves, petals, cups of plants, berries, buds, diolets, whole flowers, fruits, etc. There are still molds of various figures, but while I only make plants molds.
* What makes these berries and flowers? And you can make them from polymer clay, cold porcelain, phoamyran, plastic, soap, wax, epoxy resin, sugar mastic, chocolate, metals with low melting point, etc.
* !!! It is very important to choose the right moldes that are suitable for you. For example, if silicone is not food, then such moldes cannot be used for the manufacture of flowerfishing of sugar mastic or berries from chocolate. And if silicone is not heat-resistant, then such molds are not suitable for plastics and phoamyran, because when heated, the moldes will hurt. Do not save on it, it certainly.
* I make Molda and Weiners from a very high-quality safe heat-resistant food silicone, so they are suitable for everything.
* What is the difference between moldes from the sleeves? This question is very controversial. I used to call all the molds with silicone moldes. But usually the masters are called molds of leaves, chashelistic and weineers. And moldes of berries, fruits and boutons with moldes. Therefore, lately I began to write Mold-Weiner on the Modules of Leaf and Petals.
* Another very popular question - they are bilateral? Answer - yes, of course, all molds -wenels of petals and leaves bilateral. Generally did not meet one-sided silicone moldes, honestly. Plastic molds saw, but there is no silicone.
Continued in the following posts ...
My Silicone Moldin and Weiner Shop
Best regards, your master Natalia Mavrodeeva.
Molda is useful tools for creating small and growth colors from Foamiran and Isolon. They significantly simplify the work of the florist and allow to obtain the most realistic compositions.
What is molds for flowers
Mold is a texture outtreet of flower petal or leaf. He repeats all his streaks and bends, which means it helps to give natural texture with artificial colors. The market presents a huge variety of moldes, and they differ:
- form (depending on the copy of which flower is);
- The material from which is made.
What molds it is better to choose
It is important to understand that not all molds are suitable for creating flowers from isolon or phoamyran. For example, those of them that are made of silicone are ideal for working with polymer clay or cold porcelain, but not for FOM floristics, because on Foamirane or Isolon, such prints simply will not leave the desired imprint. The optimal choice of FOM-florist is Molda from acrylic or polyurethane.
When buying a Molda, it is important to draw attention to the fact that it does not have sharp discover parts, large recesses or holes. Stopping must be drawn as clear as possible, without breaks.
What can replace moldes for Foamiran and Isolon
Many beginner masters are interested in the question of how to make leaves and petals from Foamiran and Isolon without Molda. A good result can happen if the relief is manually needle or toothpick. However, this is not always good for the first time.
Some lovers of creativity try to make Molda themselves as a replacement for purchased. On the network you can find a lot of relevant master classes. For example, the following materials may be required to create an imprint:
- polymer clay;
- Thick needle for plowing streams;
- Cream or balsam for hands.
After applying the pattern, the polymer clay must be cooking about 5 minutes or bake according to the instructions placed on its package, and then lubricate the cream.
However, it is necessary to take into account that the finished Mold for small colors can be bought in an average of 150-400 rubles, which if exceeds the cost of materials that are required for the manufacture of a self-made version described above by the method described above. In addition, some grades of polymer clay can produce toxic evaporation, and dishes in which this material is brewed is not recommended to be used to cook for cooking. In addition, buying factory Mold, you can be sure that it will be durable, as smooth and realistic.
Thus, make Mold for Foamiran or Isolon with their own hands, of course, it is possible, however, as practice shows, it is not always appropriate.
How to use Moldes for Foamyran and Isolon
Working with Mode is as simple as possible. Need to:
- Heat isolon or phoamyran;
- attach it to Molda;
- Press your fingers over the entire surface and keep for a few seconds;
- Cut the material along the contour of the printed leaf or petal.
The edges of the resulting element will need to be heated again to lightly bend for maximum realistic.
The process of using the Molda you can observe in our short video.
We wish you creative success and many wonderful works!
Needlework is the most common hobby in women and even in some men. In order to make work masters easier, craftsmen invent more and more diverse tools. It can be special needles for embroidery or for beading, machine tools for weaving phenoshek from rubber, beads or threads, cutters of different shape for wood thread or moldes.
Today we will look at such a tool like Mold: the meaning of the word, for which it is needed, and how to make it with your own hands - all this you will learn from the article. We also learn what molds there are and in which crafts are used.
Mold: Definition, Concept
Mold is translated from English how to "cast". Therefore, by the title, you can guess that it can be used as a form for obtaining a particular figure or pattern.
Such tools are peculiar subsoirs like those of which kids are culbering, but often they are smaller and from another material. That's what Mold is. However, with moldes, it is possible not only to cast the figures from a liquid material, but also to squeeze the pattern or even some object from the substance like polymer clay, mastic or plasticine. Without moldes, it is very difficult and almost impossible to achieve the maximum realism of the product, so if you want to put your work for sale, then without these forms it is not necessary.
Where Molda is used
Use both in needlework and in the food industry Silicone Molda. Application of these molds We will now consider in more detail.
- Such a tool is needed in working with cold porcelain. It is used to impart realism, for example, porcelain faces of dolls and bups.
- Some clay products can be done only using special forms that are called clay molds.
- Working with polymer clay also requires moldes, with their help you can make leaves and flower petals that will be difficult to distinguish from real. Also, making jewelry, you will significantly improve its appearance by applying these casts.
- Epoxy resin jewelry is characterized by special beauty. There are special molds for epoxy resin, most often they have the form of geometric shapes, for example: circle, square, oval, triangle, etc.
- Very fashionable for birthday and other holidays to order cakes decorated with figures from mastic. For the manufacture of these figures, the molds are used, which are also discussed.
- For the manufacture of manual soap, any molds are not very small.
As you can see, such forms are used in very many areas. The meaning of the word "Mold" was already described in detail, now let's figure it out than it can be replaced.
Several ways to replace moldes
There are a lot of options for what can replace special forms of moldes:
- Allowers on roses petals can be done using corrugated paper. In order to make realistic leaves made of polymer clay, use real leaves of colors and trees.
- With the help of a wire, take it to the toothpick tweezers for each part from the inside. Turning the edges of the leaves, you will receive bilateral bodies.
We only led a few ideas of how to replace special forms and prints, but understanding what Mold is, you can come up with a lot of interesting replacements yourself. Apply all your fantasy, and ideas will not make you wait.
What is Mold from Silicone Sealant
In order for the item to be easily removed, the form must be made of plastic and easily bent material. If this condition is not executed, then when removing the finished product can crack or break. The cheapest material suitable for making moldes with your own hands is silicone sealant. For a very small amount, you can buy a sufficient amount of material from which you can make a mass of silicone moldes. You can purchase silicone sealant in any construction store located nearby. It is not worth buying a sealant on an acrylic basis, since when frozen it loses his plasticity and can rek. Neutral or acid base - what you need. Also pay attention to the heat resistance of the material you choose, since you will bake it, it must withstand at least 200 degrees Celsius. In addition to silicone sealant (how to make Mold, we will describe a little later), you will need a few more tools:
- Special pistol.
- Starch, the number of which should be equal to the number of sealant (it is needed to thicken a mass).
- Soap solution.
Making a blank for the Molda, mix the sealant with starch in equal proportions. Remember that the sealant dries very quickly, so when working with it, do not waste time in vain.
Molds from silicone "moment"
The manufacture of moldes in this way will be justified only for products that do not have to bake, for example, for soap. Also, such silicone under no circumstances use for moldes, with the help of which you want to make edible figures, as it is quite toxic. With Silicone "Moment" you need to work as much as you would work with a sealant. By the way, this silicone is much more expensive than our first option.
Special Silicone Mold
There is a special consisting of two silicone components for the manufacture of moldes. As you understand, for this purpose, it is best suited, but it is more expensive than all the above options. Molda made from such material can be used for products used in food. If you follow the instructions specified on the package, the relief on your Molda will be beautiful and clear. Immediately before the start of creating your personal shape, you will have to mix both components of a special silicone. And after the end of the work, the time of drying the product will be from 3 to 6 hours.
Polymer clay forms
We invite you to familiarize yourself with how to make Molda with your own hands! With such a process, everyone will be able to cope.
Before we in general, we will tell how to make molds from a polymer clay, it is worth noting that this is the most expensive and not justifying its cost method, since the polymer clay is default, toxic, so it is impossible to use molds from mastic for figures .
Of course, if you have no suitable material at home, and you need a form very urgently, you can use polymer clay. In addition to her, you will need even vaseline and water. Mix the polymer clay with a small amount of vaseline, pre-spinning it. Before making the imprint you need, moisten the crushed a mixture of clay and vaseline with water. When Mold acquires the species you need, bake it in the oven at a temperature of 100 degrees (about 20 minutes).
Read more on how to make a Mold of polymer clay
Since this method is the most difficult, we decided to talk about it separately. Let's look at how to make such molds on the example of a birch leaflet.
Tools and materials that you need:
- Polymer clay.
- Real birch leaf.
- Plastic boss.
Molda manufacturing process:
- Heat the polymer clay in the hands until it becomes the most soft as possible.
- Add petroleum to it and make a thoughts thoroughly with hands. You must have a consistency of an impedited test.
- Roll the mass on the plastic board.
- Print the birch leaf on the resulting cake inner.
- Remove excess weight.
- Bake the first shape in the oven, warmed up to 100 degrees Celsius.
- Cool the finished product and make a pretty cold with cold water.
- Apply to it the remains of the clay and vaseline mass.
- The resulting form get rid of clay from surplus and bake in the oven.
Now you have realistic moldes. How to use these tools? Put a blinded birch leaf without residence per first mold, cover top with the second and press it. The product is ready.
Cooking Silicone Mode
Now we describe you the technique of cooking Molda from silicone material, and it does not matter, it will be a sealant, "moment" or a special silicone - the principle of cooking the same.
Let's wonder the creation of a rose petal mold.
Ingredients and materials:
- Pistol for sealant (if you have a sealant).
- Rose petal.
- Starch (if you are not a special silicone).
- Sunflower oil without smell.
- Dense package.
- Rubber spatula or unnecessary credit card for layer reclamation.
We proceed to the creation of Molda:
- Singing a small amount of silicone on a package unfolded on a flat surface. If you use the "moment" or silicone sealant, mix it with starch in equal proportions.
- Cross the resulting mass with a rubber spatula.
- Wash the rose petal under running water and moisten it with oil.
- Put the petal of roses on a mixture of silicone with starch and gently press it on it to imprinted the entire relief.
- From above on the petal squeeze a portion of silicone.
- Gently remove the petal from the bottom.
- Put the petal with a silicone layer on the package.
- Come on the product with your finger, slightly pressed.
- Remove the petal from the second half of the Molda.
- Leave to dry out forms for 4 days.
- With the help of scissors, give Moldam an attractive form.
One of the most common - Molds of facial for dolls. After all, it is very difficult to blind realistic children's facet. Manufacturers of hinged dolls understand this perfectly. Of course, you can buy a finished face form in the store, but not everyone can afford it, because they are not at all cheaply, so we offer you a master class on the manufacture of such a module.
Materials that you need:
- Silicone sealant on a neutral basis.
- Vaseline or vegetable oil.
- Puppet head suitable size.
- Polymer clay that does not need to bake.
- Rubber gloves.
- Capacity where you will mix ingredients.
- Wooden wand for sushi (to mix the mixture).
The process of manufacturing Molda of a doll face:
- To start, remove the entire hair cover from the head of the doll (it is necessary so that the puppet hair does not stick to the silicone mass and do not spoil the future shape).
- Push into the container to mix half the starch packaging.
- Add the same amount of silicone sealant to the starch.
- Check the mixture of these ingredients so that the mass is turned out, the texture similar to fresh dough.
- Skate the ball from the silicone mass and press it gently.
- Lubricate puppet face with vaseline or sunflower oil without odor.
- Press the face of the doll to the silicone pellet strongly strongly, in order to prevent all the details well.
- Wait 3-4 days, while Mold does not freeze.
- Scroll into the hands of polymer clay until soft.
- Shot from her ball.
- Pretty press this ball to Mount.
You got a puppet face from polymer clay and mold from silicone sealant and starch.
Molda of various interesting figures
In addition to the molds for the manufacture of colors and dolls, you can use the prints of different pleasant little things. They will be especially useful if you are engaged in scrapbooking or make jewelry. It can be various building tools in miniature, cycliks, strollers, tiny glasses, hearts, arrows and still a lot of things.
Let's look at how such molds can be made at home. Tools and materials:
- Figures whose molds you want to get (they can be bought at the needlework store).
- Silicone sealant.
- Pistol for sealant.
- Capacity where you will mix ingredients.
- Wooden wand for sushi.
- A pair of rubber gloves.
Molda manufacturing process:
- Let us squeeze a small amount of silicone sealant.
- Add to it the same amount of starch
- Thoroughly mix the resulting mass.
- If the substance turned out to be too liquid, then the starch should be shovel.
- We divide the mass on the desired number of parts (it depends on how much items you want to do).
- From each part we make a neat round, square or rectangular pellet.
- We press the selected item to the resulting silicone figure to the resulting silicone figure.
- We humiliate it with a wand or knife and carefully remove.
- We leave the Mold to dry for 4 days.
With moldes, you need to handle gently and store them in separate boxes so that they did not stick the garbage.
To make it easier to remove the polymer clay out of the form, place the Mold with clay for 25 minutes in the freezer.
In this article, you learned what Mold is, for which it is needed and how to use it, figured out, from which they make these necessary formed form.
We hope that no question related to this topic remains with you without an answer.
Let this article help you in promoting your creativity!
Silicone molds are forms for the manufacture of bulk items. Such products were used even for coins chasing. To date, the forms have ceased to be rare and become accessible to the entire population.
Molds and types of Moldova
The development of technical progress made it possible to use such materials in the production process as:
- Epoxy resins and other polymeric materials.
Most often, special forms are made of silicone and used:
- in cooking, for the preparation of confectionery masterpieces;
- Silicone molds for plastics;
- for the manufacture of polymer clay products;
- 3D products.
Manufacturers of special forms offer serial moldes, making copies, forms with logos and unique, completed under the order.
Advantages of using special forms
Silicone molds allow you to achieve a guaranteed stable result, as well as:
- save time;
- create serial products;
- make inscriptions in a single style;
- Produce 3D shapes.
Silicone is well tolerated high temperatures and does not deteriorate when freezing even up to -60 degrees. Material is flexible and plastic.
Features of moldes for culinary purposes
For the food industry, the shapes are made of food silicone, which is absolutely not toxic and does not smell. To create figures and decorations from chocolate, as a rule, plastic products are used. Silicone mastic molds are also made of food silicone, which does not possess the smell and suitable for baking at a temperature of 250 degrees. Forms from this material do not require special pretreatment, they will not stick the starch and other ingredients that are used in cooking.
Silicone Chest Molds
Silicone forms are used to create masterpieces with their own hands. Silicone molds for plastics are used in operation with epoxy resin. The material of the form is made of the so-called platinum silicone, which does not smell, and in the process of its use does not distinguish harmful substances.
Molda can be performed from color or completely transparent silicone. The transparency of the form allows you to fully keep under the control of the fill the material used. Silicone molds for polymer clay have the same properties as the form for plastic. The material is well operated, it is longer and stable to almost all damage.
How to work with silicone moldes
Despite the purpose of the acquisition of moldes, their service life largely depends on compliance with the rules of use. Application forms for culinary masterpieces on the example of mastic forms:
- Silicone molds for mastic, if necessary, lubricate with corn starch. About such a requirement usually the manufacturer declares immediately.
- Mastica needs to form a sausage and carefully tumped it into shape. Make sure your fingers are fat, and sprinkled with starch slightly.
- After the madness of the mastic in shape, you must walk the rolling pin in order to make the material as much as possible.
- After that, a dry knife should be cut off the surplus. Although it is not recommended to use a knife in this case, for these purposes there is a special scraper. To avoid irregularities in the scene of the excessive cuts, it is necessary to pour out a small amount of starch and lose weight with your fingers, aligning the surface.
- Now you can send the form to the freezer or just leave to stick on the table for 15 minutes. After freezing, the mastic is usually falling. In no case do not use the knife to extract the finished form, so you can damage silicone.
How to work with silicone molds double sided. Differences in principle from working with one-sided forms. To begin with, the pastry mass is poured and tamped into one half of the shape, then in the second. The formed mastic is lubricated by the confectionery gel, from the same side. Now two parts of the Molda can be connected and tightly press. The form can be additionally dragging with rubber bands or threads. All other work with the form are the same as with one-sided molds.
Work with forms for creativity
So, in front of us Mold "Silicone Bear." How to create a figurine? Silicone molds will serve as much as carefully use and follow the rules of operation recommended by the manufacturer.
The manufacture of polymer clay figures is carried out in several stages:
- The required amount of clay should be riveted by hand. If necessary, you can add a plasticizer, then the mass becomes more plastic.
- The resulting material is laid in the form, it is good tamper.
- Now Mold can be sent to the overall cabinet with the temperature regime by the clay manufacturer.
- Upon expiration of the required time, the shape is pulled out of the oven.
- Clay can not be pulled out until the shape is completely cooling.
When using epoxy resin, the process of creating figures does not take long. Such form does not need to be sent to the oven. It is worth only to wait for a complete hardening of the room with a temperature not lower than +25 degrees. Remember that epoxy resin gives a greater shrinkage, so it must be poured to the edges of the form.
Creating Mold with your own hands
Some people, despite the huge range, still try to create something of their own, unique. This also applies to Mold. For example, Mom wants to surprise his child and to the birthday of the cake to hoist a sweet craft of the baby.
Method number 1.
Silicone sealant must be kneaded with starch until the generation of homogeneous dense consistency. We form a ball. Crafts and hands must be lubricated with vaseline or hand cream. Now you can press a children's crawl into the mixture. After that, we leave everyone to stick on a day.
Method number 2.
For example, for the manufacture of Molda, it is possible to use a conventional shell, which is pre-lubricating a vaseline. Silicone sealant insert into the gun and squeeze the contents on the shell. After drying, Silicone remove and apply for the manufacture of man-made masterpieces. For use in cooking, it is not recommended to use homemade forms, they are best suited for the manufacture of soap. Homemade molds can not be used for a long time, as they become too fragile.
Rules allowing to preserve silicone form
Be sure after each use, rinse silicone molds with warm water using a soap solution and a soft sponge. In no case for cleaning forms can not be used abrasive products, brushes, emery. Store silicone forms better in a cool place, without access to fire. It is easy to understand that the form is not suitable for use, very simple: if in clay, chocolate or soap appeared enclosures, then this is a confirmation that the Molda needs to be replaced.
Mold - This is a ready-made form (usually from plastic or silicone), which can be used for modeling. This form is invested or plastic is embedded, which must be given a certain (like the Molda used) form and texture.
In its small review, I will scatter three main questions:
- Types of Moldova
- Use of moldes when smearing colors
- Use of moldes when smearing sweets
Types of Moldova
Molda are tough, plastic or glass, and soft silicone. Use them when modeling products of completely different directions:
- Molda for modeling flowers from plastics. With their help, it is possible to impose the texture of leaves and petals (do not confuse with the boats, with which these the most petals and leaves are cut out). They are silicone bilateral (for example, to extrude the word texture at once from both sides) and plastic one-sided.
- Molda for making dolls - ready-made forms of heads with persons, forms for extrusion or casting of hand-legs and other parts of the body.
- Young for modeling plastic decorative sweets - with their help you can immediately do almost ready-made products - cookies, cupcakes, candy.
- Molda for the manufacture of parts for decoration - stucco, flowers, other decorative elements that can be used in the decor of the premises, a variety of products, in decoupage.
Molda greatly simplifies the process of modeling and save time, especially if you need to sculpt a lot of identical details. It is easy to use, but it is necessary to take into account some of the features of the materials and the forms themselves.
Use of moldes when smearing colors
Flowers are made of thin, light clay type Deco, Modena, Fleur. Molda for modeling colors is most often textured sheets and petals that help to create a realistic surface of the flower details. In addition to the texture with the help of these forms, it is possible to schedule the boundaries of the sheet, and then to refine the workpiece. Molda for modeling flowers produces many firms and you can buy them both in the online store, and in off-line stores for hobbies, at exhibitions and fairs of needlework, in the shops at schools of modeling. There are examples of different moldes for modeling colors:
When using moldes for modeling colors from light plastics, the form itself I recommend slightly lubricate from the inside with a vaseline or any colorless fat cream on the glycerin-based basis. It will not give plastic sticking to Mold and get a clear, high-quality imprint.
An example of using Moldes to create leaves of Makins
|The plastic form is pre-lubricated from the inside with oil "Baby Oil" with a brush. After lubricating the form, it is necessary to attach a piece of plastic into it and lungs to smooth out in shape so that the plastic accepted the right form.|
|The shape is flexible, it takes a slightly flexing of Mold from it. Cut up too much - and get ready-made leaf.|
|The leaf can be fixed on a leg of a thin floristic wire. To do this, we wat a damp brush the back side of the leaf, we apply a wire and we put a thin strip of plastic, "confuse" it to the sheet, covering the wire.|
|When the design is driving, it turns out a leaf on the leg, which can be used when compiling bouquets. If the wire "pave" along the entire length of the sheet, then such a sheet will still be curved.|
I used in the example of a volumetric Moldova, which not only gives the necessary texture, but also sets the form of a sheet. For polymer floristics, a lot of flat moldes are now produced, which are intended only for making the texture of plastic. The form is proposed to cut manually or with the help of special catter.
Use of moldes when smearing sweets
Sweet modeling forms are usually small in size, several forms are often given in one Mold. Since sweets often pose from baked plastics, then the technique of work is a bit different.
Example of using Molda Padico to create sweets
To use the form in working with baked plastics, you will need a talc or a children's powder. I use the Johnson's Baby powder and is quite pleased with the result. Talc is needed in order to warm up in the hands of "Casserole" did not adhere to the form. Some use water, but in my experience - water does not always work, Talc is better.
A little talca apply a synthetic brush to the inner surface of the shape, and only then put plastic.
A piece of plastic should be more form so that a decent "tail" remains outside, for which you pull out the workpiece. In the process, the shape can be slightly bending, so the extraction process will be completed even faster and easier. Do not skimp on the talc. Its surplus can be carefully erased with a humid brush or a napkin, but if the talc is not enough - the billet sticks to the form, and you have to start everything from the beginning.
|After a successful extraction of the workpiece from the form, the blade should be gently separated from excess.|
|As a result, a neat "semi-finished product", with which you can work on.|
In general, it is possible to use forms and molds for any plastics. The main thing is to take into account the features of the materials and, accordingly, lubricate forms. If plastics are lightweight, dry and loose - boldly use petroleum and its analogues. If plastics are plastic-like - it is better to use talc, since it is not yet known how the remaining cream remains on the surface of the product. Cellulose-containing plastics also react well to talc. Well, when working with clay plastics, you can use water.
I hope the information was useful to you. Good luck to you in creativity!
Mold (from English Words Mold - cast) is a form with which you can make shapes and volumetric compositions, such as dolls, leaves, flower petals. Also, moldes can be used to give texture to leaves, to add residences on the leaves and petals, will be indispensable when creating jewelry Hand Made. Molda can be made of a variety of materials - plaster, plastics, clay, silicone. Silicone molds are flexible, plastic, do not break and do not fight. Ideal for the baking of FIMO-clay in the oven, because silicone has a fairly wide temperature range from -50 to + 150 degrees. Our site shows a rich assortment of silicone moldes. Our moldes are made of elastic and high strength silicone. The term of use of Molda is unlimited with the right relation. Be careful when using piercing items, in order to avoid damage to silicone forms. The use of the application is quite simple - the required amount of polymer clay is laid in silicone Mold, it is placed in the oven and baked. After baking, the finished composition without effort is removed from the Molda. When working with molds, not only polymer clay can be used, and cold porcelain, plaster, plastic.
Molda can be made independently at home, using polymer clay, as follows: Take a fir-clay of any color, vaseline, water and a leaflet or petal of a live plant, whose texture imprint you want to get. Scroll well to clay, the softer it will, the better. You can add the required amount of petroleum in it and take a care again. Then make a thin cake from it and put on the tile or other surface on which you will bake the product. Moisten the entire surface of this cakes, and then apply the sheet of your chosen plant on top of the plants you choose, and gently put the rock or give your fingers, then remove the sheet. As a result, the texture of the leaf should be imprinted on the clay. It will be a negative for the Molda. Put it to be baked at a temperature of 100 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
When the negative cools after the baking, take the clay again with the addition of Vaseline and form a cake from it, moisten it on the one hand with water and attach this side to the baked mold. Press well, and then carefully remove and put on paper or tile with a smooth face down. Put it.
The mold, which we made the first, we no longer need, because in our work we will use the second - with convex veins. Check the result?
For example, I took the Green Fimo-clay and made a print on it with our homemade Molda. As you can see, it turned out a leaf with realistic veins. With this mold, you can make leaves for colors, decorate finished products, create unique earrings or handmade beads. On the manufacture of Molde from polymer clay, several hours spent, the process itself is quite simple and very exciting! Now you can create any Mold with your own hands. We wish you creative success!
How to make silicone molds with their own handsTatiana Bed'leva
Ready confectionery forms are an important help not only in the work of a professional professional, but also in home everyday. Forms for chocolate, mastic and caramels seriously simplify the life of anyone who is engaged in the manufacture of cakes, desserts and other sweet dishes for their family or for sale.
Thanks to a wide variety of finished forms, you can quickly create a delicious decor to a festive treat, so these devices are very much appreciated by lovers of beautiful and original baking. Under the forms for the pastry, they understand the whole range of accessories, the main of which are moldes, cuttings and other varieties of molds that have no individual names.
Materials for form
Materials from which confectionery devices are manufactured are almost as diverse as the molds themselves. However, most modern manufacturers of goods for confectioners offers products made of three types of raw materials - plastic, silicone and metal. Each of these materials has both their advantages and disadvantages, and is intended for a certain type of confectionery forms.
If the confectionery form does not require heat-resistance, it may well be made of plastic. Plastic forms are widely used in the manufacture of gingerbread, cakes and cookies, and their typical forms are all sorts of circles, triangles, squares, rhines, crescents, ovals, as well as more complex figures, such as stars, shafts and contours of animals. Forms for chocolate, marzipan and desserts are classic examples of confectionery plastic devices.
Silicone's soft material is most in demand in the manufacture of confectionery forms designed for complex configuration and relief of the product surface, such as caramel, marmalade, as well as flowers, figures and ornaments from confectionery paste.
Forms and confectionery sheets of foamed silicone will protect baking from burning even with the complete absence of lubricating oils or fats, which is why, and also due to the ability of this material to withstand the temperature from -60 to +280 degrees, silicone devices are very convenient for thermal processing of confectionery products.
Metal stainless steel molds, aluminum and even copper appeared in a confectionery case before other types of forms, but, nevertheless, they are often used today in the manufacture of biscuit cortex, horns, rings, cupcakes and other products.
Metallic confectionery forms are often sold in sets consisting of several similar design, but different to the size of fixtures - usually these are circles, flowers, hearts and Christmas trees. Sliding fixtures of square and rectangular shape are also popular, allowing you to easily remove confectionery products before serving on the table.
Another advantage of sliding forms is the ability to produce confectionery products of different dimensions with a minimum set of forming fixtures. In proof, we suggest see the following video:
Types of devices and their capabilities
We see that depending on the material from which confectionery forms are made, the possibilities of their use are different. We will talk now about the main design features of the forms for confectionery business and give several examples of their application in practice.
Silicone Molda is one of the most popular tools of modern pastryer. Being, in fact, special forms to create confectionery decorations made of mastic, marzipan, chocolate and caramel, they are well tolerated the effects of high and low temperatures, quickly and easily clean and can be used repeatedly without losing consumer properties.
Here are some tips for working with moldes:
- Before using plastic or silicone moldes for mastic and other food products, be sure to sprinkle them with starch - so you guarantee yourself and your confectionery decorations full protection against sticking
- When using volumetric molds consisting of two parts, do not forget about food glue - it is well joining both halves of the form, and the product will turn out to be more even and high-quality
- A good removal of decorations made of mastic from Molda can be achieved by freezing, placing the shape filled with mastic, for 10-20 minutes in the freezer
Want to know how to make a 3D-figurine cartoon character from mastic using silicone mold? Then look this video:
Confectionary defores have a fundamentally different principle of operation, compared with moldes, although it is also good and effective in giving the desired form products from mastic, test and other plastic materials. Cutting is a hollow form of food stainless steel or, less likely, plastic, with a thin and rather sharp edge, when pressed to which the region of the necessary form is separated from the rolled sheet of the food material.
There is still an argument between some conferseers: what is more convenient - cutting down or moldes? In fact, it is easier for it - filling the shape of a mass or a rolling of mass into a sheet with a subsequent cutting - each confectioner determines itself, however, cutting down have an indisputable advantage in terms of adjusting the volume and height of pastry jewelry, while molds are limited in height . A good complement to the cuttings will be confectionery races with a relief pattern, thanks to which you do not just roll the mastic before cutting down, but also give the surface of the decoration a special exquisite relief.
You probably have already understood that moldes and forms are almost the same thing. But there is a special type of forms that are extremely popular in a confectionery case for making not so many jewelry as directly baking. We are talking about such a convenient adaptation as a discerning form with separate side walls and the bottom.
The side of the turbid shape is equipped with a snag, allowing you to easily and quickly disconnect the side of the form from the bottom and baking, without damaging the most gentle dessert. For the manufacture of discerd forms, which are usually made in the form of simple geometric shapes, aluminum or steel are used.