The content of the article:
The oral cavity is a peculiar gate of the body. Every day its mucosa is exposed to negative factors internal and external environment. Having restrained their onslaught, the oral mucosa can be inflated, covered with ulcers, wounds and other lesions. Stomatitis occurs - the dental disease, the severity of which is underestimated by most patients.
What is stomatitis?
Stomatitis - inflammation of the oral mucosa. According to statistics, about 20% of the population of our planet is facing. In adults and children, he can take the form of an independent disease or act as a symptom indicating the pathology of the body. In both cases, treatment is carried out comprehensively and under the supervision of the doctor.
What does the disease look like?
Recognize stomatitis is easy. The initial stage of the disease is characterized by the appearance of a light swelling of the mucous membrane. It becomes more red, dry and shiny. On its surface, a flaw can appear on its surface, and in the place of future defeats the patient feels an unpleasant itching or burning.
As the disease develops, small ulcers and wounds appear on the mucous membranes - painful lesions of oval or round form. The location of their localization can be the inner side of the lips, cheeks, sky area, almonds or mucosa under the tongue. Their appearance can be considered in the photo at the end of our article.
Causes of Stomatitis
The mechanism of the appearance of stomatitis is not fully studied. But scientists tend to believe that its root cause is the reaction of the human immune system to various irritants. At some point, immunity ceases to recognize the potential threat of internal and external factors, which causes its atypical reaction, as a result of which the "aggressive behavior" of lymphocytes is observed. The attack of lymphocytes against the molecules of irritants and leads to the lesions of the mucous membrane.
Conduct an atypical immune system reaction can a wide variety of factors. The most likely of them are the following stimuli:
- Path-made microorganisms living in the mouth.
- Incorrect oral hygiene.
- Different damage to the mucous membrane, for example, burns while taking too hot food or mechanical injuries from seeds, nuts, crackers and other solid products.
- General dehydration of the body due to high temperature, blood loss, vomiting, diarrhea or thirst.
- Poor-quality treatment of teeth and gums.
- Allergic reaction to dental structures in the mouth - braces, implants, crowns, bridges, and so on.
- Long use of medicines.
- Diet, depleted with useful vitamins and elements.
- Malignant formation of the oral cavity, respiratory organs or passage of chemotherapy courses.
- Hormonal malfunctions in the body, for example, in pregnant women or children during puberty.
- The presence of chronic diseases or allergies.
- Strong stress.
Interesting to know! The frequent stomatitis in adults can be due to the use of toothpaste with the content of sodium lauryl sulfate - the substance added to the care of the oral cavity to form a thick foam. According to the latest research, it dehydrates the mouth mucosa and makes it vulnerable to various kinds of irritants. Patient observation data is confirmed by the fact that the refusal to use pasta with sodium lauryl sulfate allows to reduce the risk of stomatitis in adults by 81%.
Symptoms of the disease
Stomatitis may occur at any age. In the early periods, its flow is accompanied by swelling, redness and dryness of the mucous membrane. The main sign of the disease is the presence of one or multiple ulcers and their appearance.
- Oval or round shape of ulcers.
- Small sizes.
- Smooth edges.
- The presence of a thin gray or white film in the central part of the ulcer.
- The ulcer is surrounded slightly reddish halo.
- The tissue of the mucosa around the lesion is normal, healthy appearance.
Easy itching or burning sensation that the patient experienced illness at the beginning of the disease is replaced by painful sensations. Ulcers hurt during meals, when conversing and a wide smile. Any touch towards them causes pain, which complicates the conduct of hygiene measures and leads to the appearance of unpleasant smell of mouth.
On average, the disease lasts from 4 to 14 days. Its clinical picture depends on the individual characteristics of the body, forms and type of disease. During this period, in addition to the main signs of pathology, other symptoms of the disease may be observed.
- Increasing the temperature - during the first days, until the appearance of characteristic ulcers (in the severe form of stomatitis, the elevated temperature is maintained throughout the disease).
- General malaise and fast fatigue.
- Lack of appetite (especially in children).
- An increase in lymph nodes (in rare cases).
It is important to remember! Strong inflammation, toothache or high temperature for a long time indicate a severe shape of stomatitis or the development of its complications. In this case, immediate medical care is needed, and if necessary, the patient's hospitalization is possible.
Can Stomatitis go?
As a rule, light forms of the disease caused by injured mucous membranes, poor oral hygiene or an allergic response of the body can be passed independently. Strong stomatitis caused by the penetration of infection requires qualified treatment. And in that, and in another case, it is better not to wait and not engage in self-medication. Since the disease not only causes pain and discomfort, but also can lead to the generalization of infection and serious complications.
Consequences and complications of the disease
Possible complications occur in the case when the patient ignores the treatment of stomatitis. As a result, the lungs and severe forms of the disease are taken chronic. The launched process passes into the ulcerative-necrotic, and then the gangrenous form of the disease, as a result of which not only the mucosa, but also soft tissues of the mouth, and the jaw bones are damaged.
Among other major consequences of unbearable stomatitis, the following complications can be distinguished.
- Bleeding gums.
- Scarring of the oral mucosa, violation of its elasticity and mobility.
- Attaching a secondary infection.
- Loss of teeth.
- Voice changes - hoarseness, malfunction.
Important to remember! Little yaser on the mucous membrane is a potential threat to the entire body. The infection of it can spread to other organs and systems that violates the function of the heart, liver, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract and respiratory.
How to treat stomatitis at home?
Effective treatment of stomatitis involves a set of activities aimed at achieving five goals:
- stopping the inflammatory process;
- elimination of pain;
- maintenance of oral hygiene;
- Ever healing of defeat;
- Strengthening immunity.
For this, the patient is prescribed anti-inflammatory, painkillers, disinfectants, antibacterial, antihistamines and other drugs. The choice of funds directly depends on the shape and type of illness.
Regardless of the type of stomatitis, the treatment of the disease should begin with the cavity of the oral cavity - the procedure for careful cleansing of the mucous membrane. For this purpose, rinsing can be used with the use of various solutions based on the following means.
- Asepta rinser.
- Hydrogen peroxide.
- Alizaric ointment.
- Interferon ointment.
- Oxalin ointment.
- Tabrofen ointment.
Further choice of funds and drugs directly depends on the type of stomatitis and its form.
Treatment of allergic stomatitis
Antihistamines are actively applied to the effective treatment of stomatitis of allergic nature.
Reception of immunostimulating agents.
Important! Before the start of taking antihistamine and immunostimulating funds, you need consultation of the attending physician.
Herpetic or herchain
In the treatment of herpes stomatitis, it is necessary to adopt antiviral drugs. As a rule, these are ointments that lubricate the affected section of the mucous membrane or pill for intake.
Important! Reception of antiviral funds is carried out only by appointment of a doctor.
Treatment of this species involves taking antibacterial agents. The patient can recommend the following drugs.
- Metrogil Denta.
- Sodium Tetrobrath.
- Flexin SOLUTAB.
- Hexoral TABS.
- Vinylin (Balsam Shostakovsky).
- Nystatin (in tablets) or nistasy ointment.
- Boric acid.
- Methylene blue solution.
- Sanitation of the oral cavity.
- Reception of antibiotics, antihistamine preparations and painkillers.
- Use of funds for the speedy healing of ulcers.
- Alum quiz.
- Iodine solution.
- The solution of manganese.
- Tantuum Verde.
- Asepta gel.
- Aloe juice - Fresh juice is used to lubricate lesions.
- Calanechoe juice - Fresh juice lubrication juice.
- Garlic juice - for lubrication of the affected sections of mucous membranes and rims, grated garlic are used, mixed with warm water in a 1: 1 ratio.
- The solution of calendula - the alcohol solution is bred by water for regular rinsing of the oral cavity or rims.
- Soda solution - for rinsing. For the preparation of the solution use 1 tsp. Soda on 200 g of warm water.
- Weak salt solution - for rinsing 1 tsp. Salts are dissolved in 200 g of warm water.
- Oak bark decoction - for rinsing.
- Broth onion husk - for rinsing or rims.
- A chamomile decoction - for rinsing.
- The decoction of flax seeds - for rinsing.
- Tea tree oil - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing 5 - 7 drops per 200 g of water. For lubrication and rims can be used in pure form.
- Black cumin oil - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing, lubrication and rims. 7 - 10 drops on 200 g of water or in pure form.
- Rosehip oil - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing, lubrication and rims. 10 - 15 drops on 200 g of water or pure.
- Sea buckthorn oil - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing, lubrication and rims. 15 - 20 drops per 200 g of water or in pure form.
- Honey solution - for rinsing or stations 1 tbsp. Honey is bred in 200 g of warm water.
- Fresh carrot juice - for the preparation of solutions for rinsing, freshly squeezed juice is diluted with water, in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Propolis - the finished alcohol solution is bred by water in a 1: 1 ratio and used for rinsing.
- Raw egg protein - for appliqués or for making solutions for rinsing. For this, 1 protein is whipped in 100 g of clean water room temperature.
- Silver water - for regular rinsing oral cavity.
- Infusion of tea mushroom - for rinsing.
- Sticks from grated raw potatoes - Fresh tubers Truth for producing juice, which is used for a skimmer.
For the convenience of applying and achieving a speedy recovery, the specialist determines the expediency of using one or another form of the drug - gel, solution or tablet. In the case of severe disease, the patient may appoint antibiotics.
Important! Self-treatment with antibiotics is categorically prohibited! Preparations of this group are accepted exclusively by appointing a doctor!
Catarial and Catarist Hemorrhagic
For the treatment of catarrhal stomatitis, anti-inflammatory drugs and agents accelerating the healing of ulcers are used.
Important! Preparations for speedy healing can be used with all types of stomatitis.
In the treatment of candidiasis, special attention is paid to the choice of antifungal drugs.
Also during the treatment of fungal disease, it is advisable to use the following anti-inflammatory drugs.
For timely removal of the resulting plaque, you can use such funds.
Mixed in a solution with a cotton disk, regularly and gently remove the accumulated flare.
Treatment of ulcerative stomatitis
Treatment of ulcerative form is carried out comprehensively and includes the following events.
In the event of an increase in temperature, antipyretic agents are taken.
For effective drying, the following means that have formed AFT can use the following means.
After removing dry crusts and disinfection of the oral cavity, drugs that accelerate the healing of an ulcer can be used.
With severe soreness of ulcers use painkillers. To ensure their uniform applying to the mucous membrane, you can choose spray.
No less efficiently eliminate pain sprinkling aerosol syndrome.
You can lubricate the place of damage to painkillers.
Important! Get rid of stomatitis using painkillers will not work. But they facilitate meals and medical procedures.
For treatment, you can use the means of traditional medicine. The following juices, decoctions, oils and infusions have proven itself well.
Juice and oils can neatly lubricate the affected plots of mucous membranes. Grass solutions and champs are used for regular rinsing of the oral cavity.
Important! Before using the funds of traditional medicine, a doctor's counseling is needed. Only a specialist can determine the feasibility of their use without harm to health. The use of folk remedies does not cancel the main therapy, but only complements its effect.
Treatment of stomatitis laser
Treatment with a laser is recommended in case of severe form or chronic disease. The directional impact of the laser allows you to quickly and painlessly eliminate one or more ulcers and reduce recovery period. In the treatment of a laser, the risk of recurrence is minimized.
How many days does the treatment last?
Proper, competent treatment of stomatitis significantly speeds up the process of recovery. Depending on the type of disease, it lasts within 3 - 7 days. If, after 1 weeks of treatment, the signs of the disease did not disappear or there is a worsening, then, most likely the patient has complications. The following factors may be likely the causes of its development.
- The patient was self-medication or did not follow the prescription of the doctor.
- Reduced immunity.
- The presence of chronic diseases of the body.
- Regular injury or infection of the mucous membrane.
- Not detected allergy.
- Having harmful habits - smoking, loosening, etc.
- State depression or frequent stress.
- Incorrect oral hygiene.
- Uncontrollable drug intake.
- The use of hygiene products for the oral cavity with the content of sodium lauryl sulfate.
Returning to the question - whether Stomatitis can go by himself - it should be noted that at first glance, a harmless illness can turn into serious problems for the patient. Therefore, three "not" should be remembered - not self-medicate not postpone a visit to a specialist and not Ignore the recommendations of the attending physician.
How to understand that stomatitis passed?
Very simple! The lack of lesions of the mucous membrane indicates a complete cure. On the cheek, in the sky, on the lip, in the language and in the field of almonds there are no small ulcers, a wound and a laid. The mucousness looks healthy, well moistened, does not cause pain and does not create discomfort while eating, conversation, smiles and hygienic procedures.
Types of stomatitis in adults
The clinical picture of the disease indicates that stomatitis can pass in light or severe form, have an acute or chronic course. To facilitate the diagnosis and treatment process, specialists have developed the following classification of the disease.
- Allergic - As a rule, a chronic disease arising from an allergic reaction of the body to an irritant. In addition to the characteristic ulcers, it may be accompanied by the appearance on the mucous membranes of white spots, bubbles and small hemorrhages.
- Herpetic or herchain - The disease occurs due to the humanism of herpes virus pathogen. Stomatitis of this variety is characterized by a sharp flow. On the surface of the mucosa, bubbles appear, which are opened with the formation of erosions and crusts.
- Traumatic (bacterial) - The consequence of mechanical injury of the oral mucosa and the penetration of infection into the wound. As a rule, the disease occurs in a slight form, with characteristic signs characteristic of stomatitis.
- Catarial and Catarist Hemorrhagic - The light shape of stomatitis, the reasons for which the poor oral hygiene becomes becoming the development of candidiasis, decrease in immunity or tract pathology. The disease is accompanied by a typical clinical picture.
- Candadose (fungal) stomatitis - Acute form of the disease, the so-called thrush caused by the vital activity of the Bacteria of the genus Candida. Most often occurs in small children, older people and patients abusing antibiotic intake. Accompanied by the appearance of white plaque on the mucous membrane, a feeling of burning and an unpleasant taste in the mouth.
- Ulcery - severe form of the disease arising independently or due to complication of the catarrhal flow of stomatitis. It occurs with an increase in body temperature and an increase in lymph nodes. The appeared ulcers are very painful, they can combine and form extensive lesions of the mucous membrane.
- Aphtose Stomatitis - A severe form of the disease flowing acutely or chronic form. Accompanied by the advent of single or multiple gray-white ulcers. Ulcers are surrounded by red halo and very painful.
It is important to know! Analyzing the state of the oral mucosa, the nature of the ulcers and the patient's complaints, the specialists unmistakably determine the type of stomatitis and put an accurate diagnosis. Due to this, the treatment of the disease passes quickly and without complications.
Is stomatitis affected and how is it transmitted?
Stomatitis is not indifferent. The exception is the disease caused by herpes virus. It can pass through a kiss, through blood, air-droplet or with direct contact with the patient patient.
What doctor to contact Stomatit?
If the first signs of the lesion of the mucous membrane should be immediately applied to the dentist's doctor. After the differential diagnosis of the disease and the formulation of an accurate diagnosis, it is possible to observe a physician of the therapist or another profile specialist, for example, a doctor of an allergist.
Do not ignore preventive visits to the dentist.
It is enough to attend a specialist 1 - 2 times a year, which will allow you to reveal any dental problem at an early stage of development. So, its elimination will pass quickly, easily and without complications.
By clicking the "Order Call" button you agree toPersonal data processing policies
How to distinguish stomatitis from other diseases?
The main sign of stomatitis is the presence of characteristic ulcers, the fabric around which they look healthy. The disease is rarely accompanied by systemic symptoms and, as a rule, is repeated from time to time. For a competent specialist, it is not difficult to distinguish stomatitis from other ailments.
With angina, the body temperature always increases. At the same time, the ulcers themselves are hurt, but the area of the throat. With visual inspection of the gland look swollen, inflamed and red.
The problem is that herpetic stomatitis is one of the manifestations of herpes. The viral disease is accompanied by the formation of characteristic bubbles that burst and dry. With other types of stomatitis, the nature of the ulcers is completely different.
Ulcers when cancer of the oral mucosa do not pass independently after treatment. Over time, they increase in size, can be bleed and root.
Candidal stomatitis is a thrush caused by the vital activity of the genus Candida. In all other cases, the nature of the disease will be different, and easily distinguish between the thrush in the presence of characteristic ulcers.
When infected with syphilis on the surface of the mucous, a red stain appears. Gradually, it is compacted, takes the shape of a dense nodule and is ulcerated - a typical solid chancre is formed, which is absolutely not similar to ulcers during stomatitis.
Recommendations during treatment
Treatment of stomatitis should be carried out complex - local therapy, the reception of medication drugs corresponding to the view of the disease and the strengthening of immunity. During the treatment period, it is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations.
- Compliance with diet - It is necessary to exclude sharp, salty, acidic, too sweet, smoked, hot, cold and any injured mucous meals too sweet, smoked, hot, cold and any injured mucous meal.
- Compliance with oral hygiene . To maintain it, it is necessary to use antiseptic funds that regularly clamp mouth.
- Reception of vitamin and mineral complexes strengthening the protective functions of the body.
If the doctor diagnosed the presence of candidoid stomatitis, then it is impossible to drink milk and eat fermented milk products that activate the vital activity of pathogenic fungi.
Any medication should be used only by appointment of a doctor. Especially antibiotics.
It is important to know! It is not recommended to catch the ulcers that appeared with clean alcohol solutions. The only thing that is allowed is the processing of lesions with a weak solution of iodine or manganese.
To avoid the emergence of stomatitis and its recurrence, follow the following recommendations.
- Observe the cavity of the mouth.
- Refuse the use of funds with the content of sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Wrap the mouth mucosa from injury.
- For the treatment of teeth and gums to turn to experienced qualified specialists.
- Balance your diet in favor of useful food.
- Strengthen immunity.
- Carefully refer to their physical health and psycho-emotional state - if necessary, seek help from specialists.
And do not forget that herpesy stomatitis can be transmitted from a person to a person - follow the rules of hygiene.
Author: Elena Grunina Doctor dentist-therapist, endodontist. Work experience for more than 9 years. Information is reference. Before treatment requires a doctor consultation.Stomatitis
- A general term denoting all inflammatory processes on the oral mucosa. The process can spread to the mucous membrane, nose, lips, cheeks. If lesion foci is located on a limited area, the disease can wear other names:
- glossitis (inflammation in language)
- Palantit (inflammation on the nose)
- gingivitis (inflammation of the gum mucosa)
Most common in childhood. Little children constantly stick different items in the mouth, try them to taste, while their immunity has not yet provided reliable protection against infections. Vida Stomatitis
Types of stomatitis depending on the duration of the flowAcute Stomatitis
Quickly develops and quickly passes (a specific time depends on the causes of the disease, see below). Usually people who have undergone sharp stomatitis have a higher predisposition to re-develop the disease.
Chronic stomatitis lasts long, difficult to treat. On the site of old foci of inflammation, newly appear new, the dystrophy of the mucous membrane develops.Types of chronic stomatitis
- Recurrent Stomatitis . After some foci of inflammation on the mucous membrane pass, new ones appear in their place. Such relapses are noted constantly for a long time. Diseases usually proceeds wave-like, with periods of exacerbations and improvement.
- Leukoplakia . Changes in the oral mucosa, which occurs as a result of chronic flow of stomatitis and manifests itself in the form of foci of oroging.
Types of stomatitis depending on the elements arising on the mucous membrane
|View of Stomatitis||Signs and symptoms|
|Catarial Stomatitis||Catarial stomatitis is a surface lesion of the mucous membrane of the mouth. Signs of catarrhal stomatitis : |
|Aphtose Stomatitis||Aphthosal stomatitis is manifested in the form of AFT - small yasers on the mucous membrane having rounded or oval contours. Manifestations of thomatitis depend on its variety : |
|Georns-gangrenous stomatitis||Heavy damage to the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. It is characterized by the formation of the ulcers and the death of the plots of mucous. Ulcers affect several layers of fabric, up to the bone. The disease is accompanied by a pronounced impairment of well-being.|
Types of stomatitis depending on the cause
Developed as a result of injury of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. It can be one-time, but most often to stomatitis gives multiple damage to the mucous membrane, long-term impact.The most common causes of traumatic stomatitis
- sharp edges of the teeth and their debris, large carious cavities;
- wearing incorrectly installed crowns and prostheses, braces;
- Chemical and thermal mucosa burns;
- The habit is constantly biting cheeks and lips;
- bite disorders and shapes, resulting in injury to the mucous membrane;
- thermal and chemical impacts are too cold, hot, acute food;
- Permanent and frequent use of solid food capable of damaging the mucous membrane: splashes seeds and nuts;
- Smoking: irritation of the mucous membrane to the tobacco smoke;
- Traumatic stomatitis often develops in young children who are fusing in the mouth.
With acute single injury, the disease most often proceeds as catarrhal stomatitis. All symptoms pass quickly for several days. There is a redness and swelling, the soreness of the mucous membrane. Then may appearerosion
- Surface defects of the mucous membrane.
If the traumatic effect on the mucous membrane was short, then stomatitis is often injected with spontaneous recovery.
With prolonged injuries, an infectious process is joined to irritating the mucous membrane. The disease acquires a chronic course, accompanied by more pronounced symptoms, a violation of general well-being.
Chronic Aftenne Stomatitis
Chronic thomatitis - the disease, the causes of the development of which are still not well understood.The estimated causes of the development of chronic aphtheasic stomatitis
- Adenovirus (one of the types of viruses causing ORZ)
- Staphilococci from a special group - This theory considers the bacterial nature of the disease.
- autoimmune reactions - Pathological response of immunity for foreign bodies entering the oral cavity and in contact with the mucous membrane
- Immunity violations : It is believed that the recurrences of chronic thomatitis are related to the weakening of certain unmunign system links
First, a red stain appears on the mucous membrane. It has a rounded or oval shape, approximately 1 cm in diameter. For several hours, swelling is formed in this place, and the stain is raised above the surface of the mucous membrane. Then erosion occurs, which is covered with a fibrin sulfur flask. This is called AFTU.
The touch of the AFTU is soft and painful. If the death of a large number of cells of the mucous membrane occurs, then a pronounced infiltrate (seal) appears under AFTU.Necrotic masses
(dead fabrics) are on the surface of the AFTU in the form of a thick roof of gray. Under it is erosion or ulcer.
Sometimes chronic thomatitis is accompanied byLymphadenitis
- inflammation and increase in the size of lymphatic nodes. Rarely marked temperature increase.
After 2 - 3 days from the moment of the emergence of the AFTU, all necrotic masses are rejected. Another 2 - 4 days, complete healing occurs.Options for the flow of chronic thomatitis:
- The simultaneous appearance of a large amount of AFT, after which their healing occurs
- AFTs appear within a few weeks attached: some elements disappear, after which others appear in their place
- AFTs appear on one
Candidose Stomatitis (in common man - thrush) - a fungal disease that is caused by yeast-like fungi genus Candida Albicans (in more rare cases, the disease can cause fungi Candida Tropicalis, Candida Parapsilosis, Candida Krusei and Candida Glabrata).Causes of infection with fungus Candida Albicans
- Reducing immunity with severe and frequent infectious pathologies, blood diseases, malignant tumors, AIDS. People with normal immunity, fungal infections are developing extremely rare.
- Infant age. Immunity of the ore child is weak and not formed to the end.
- Elderly age. In old age, there is a natural extrusion of immune forces, giving reasons for the development of a large number of infections.
- HIV. This viral disease is accompanied by a strong decrease in the body's protective forces. In 90% of patients with a human immunodeficiency virus at the AIDS stage, candidal stomatitis is revealed.
- Diabetes. High blood glucose content creates favorable conditions for breeding the fungi of the genus Candida.
- Dry mouth. Most often develops as a result of improper use of various means for rinsering the oral cavity.
- Pregnancy. In pregnant women, the risk of developing candidal stomatitis is elevated due to hormonal shifts in the body.
- Wearing dentures, non-compliance with the rules of oral hygiene.
- Reception of powerful antibiotics . Antibacterial drugs destroy most bacteria that are natural competitors of Candida mushrooms.
- Reception of glucocorticoids in the form of sprays . Glucocorticoids are hormonal medicines, one of whose effects is to suppress immunity. They are used in the form of sprays for bronchial asthma. Partially falling into the oral cavity, glucocorticoids depress local protective reactions and contribute to the growth of fungi.
A sharp candidal stomatitis is manifested in the form of a white plaque, which covers the entire mucous membrane of the oral cavity. It is easy to detect during a direct inspection. Flip is easily removed using a cotton or gauze tampon. Under it is an inflamed mucous membrane (red, edema). Many patients with candidide stomatitis celebrate painful sensations, discomfort during meals. If the disease is available in a child, it becomes bellish, irritable.
Chronic candidal stomatitis is accompanied by burning in the mouth and throat, difficulty swallowing. With a significant reduction in immunity, fungal infection spreads to the larynx, a sip, esophagus.
Herpety stomatitis is a viral infectious disease that is caused by herpes viruses. Their transmission takes place by air - drip from infected people. Flashing infections usually occur in the autumn and spring seasons. The disease is very common among children aged 1 to 3 years (this is exactly the age when maternal immunity in the child's body ceases to act, and has not yet had time to work out).
Herpety, or herpesvirus stomatitis can flow in two forms: acute and chronic.Stages of sickwoman
- incubation : The virus enters the body and begins to multiply in it, no symptoms have not yet been noted;
- Promotional : Initial stage, when an inflammatory process is already developing on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, but it is expressed weakly, there are no rashes;
- Stage of rash - characteristic elements appear on the mucous membrane;
- Healing Stage, When the rashes disappear, the mucous membrane is restored;
- reconnaissance stage or recovery.
- Easy degree . Characteristic elements appear on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, but they are not accompanied by common violations in the body.
- Average severity . The manifestations in the oral cavity are accompanied by a violation of the general condition of the patient.
- Heavy degree characterized by severe symptoms.
At first, herpety stomatitis occurs in a catarrhal form (see above). Then the characteristic bubbles appear on the mucous membrane, which are then left in their place of AFTU erosion. With a severe course of the disease on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, ulcers can form.General symptomatic in herpetic stomatitis
- Increase body temperature : Depending on the severity of the disease, it can be subfebrile (no more than 37⁰c) or very high
- General malaise
- nausea and vomiting
- Disruption of appetite and sleep
In this case, rather, it is worth talking about chronic herpes infection. Bubbles appear not only in the oral cavity, but also on the lips, on the nose, on other areas of the skin. Usually the general condition of the patient is strongly disturbed: the body temperature rises, severe pains in the places of lesions are noted, the mucous membrane blues, becomes swarch. Chewing is difficult.
Viral disease that is caused by viruses related to familyVesiculorus.
. This pathogen parasitates in the organism of cattle, from which the mosquitoes and mosquitoes are transmitted to a person. The incidence is highest among agricultural workers and animal professionals.Symptoms of vesicular stomatitis
The first symptoms of the disease occur on 5 - 6 day after the infection with the virus. First, the patient is concerned about the increase in body temperature, chills, general ailment, weakness, headaches. Sometimes there are pain in the throat, runny nose, muscle pain. Therefore, at first the course of the disease resembles a cold.
Then small painful bubbles appear on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. Inside them there is a transparent waterproof liquid. They open and fully heal for several days.
This type of stomatitis is calledenterovirusami
. The pathogens can be transmitted from one person to another air-droplet, through food, public items, water. Most exposed pathology children of younger age.Symptoms of enterovirus stomatitis
Symptoms of the disease are quite characteristic and obtained the figurative name "Roth-hand-leg". Characteristic rashes in the form of painful bubbles are found on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, wets, footsteps. Often patients are concerned about fever and other symptoms of violation of general well-being.
Other viral stomatitis
Other varieties of viral stomatitis are most often not independent diseases, but manifestations of other diseases. Stomatitis is most often accompanied by: influenza, measles, chickenpox (chickenpox).
Bacterial stomatitis (staphylococcal and streptococcal)
Bacterial stomatitis are most often caused by bacteria, which constantly inhabit the oral cavity, but under certain circumstances are capable of becoming pathogenic.Factors contributing to the emergence of streptococcal and staphylococcal stomatitis
- Mystery injury oral cavity : small scratches, wounds, cuts, etc.;
- carious cavities in teeth ;
- purulent process in gum pockets;
- violation of the rules of aseptics and antiseptics during dental manipulations and surgical interventions;
- Significant decrease in immunity.
Bacterial stomatitis may have a different severity. Sometimes they are only superficial inflammation of the mucous membrane, and sometimes a severe purulent process with a pronounced disorder of the overall state of the patient (the so-called "oral sepsis").The most common forms in which bacterial stomatitis proceeds
- Impetigic Stomatitis . The disease initially has streptococcal nature, and then staphylococcus is found in the lesion foci. Most often, children are sick. The disease is manifested in the form of education on the mucous membrane of the mouth Erosion - Surface defects. They are a grayish yellow flare, when removing the bleeding. With an impetigic stomatitis on the gums, ulcers are often formed.
- Rigorous inflammation of the mucous membranes of the mouth (face) . The disease is caused by streptococci. The inflammatory process develops, as a result of which the mucous membrane becomes edema, painful, it appears spots of raspberry. There is an increased bleeding. With a serious course of the disease on the mucous membrane, bubbles, ulcers, tissue s correspondence sections are formed. The grinding inflammation of the mucous membranes is accompanied by a deterioration in the general well-being of the patient, an increase in body temperature. With high activity of the infectious process and weak immune protection, a complication is able to develop in the form of sepsis.
- Sound in the corners of the mouth . This condition can also be considered as a kind of bacterial stomatitis. At first, a small gunnock appears at the corner of the mouth. It breaks through, and an ulcer remains in his place. In the future, if it is injured, it does not heal, but turns into a crack, moving on the mucous membrane of the cheek.
Allergic stomatitis is a large group of diseases that are combined by a common origin: they develop as a result of autoimmune reactions.Varieties of allergic stomatitis
- chronic thomatitis (see above);
- Exudative multiform erythema;
- allergic stomatitis;
- Dermatostomatites: autoimmune diseases that affect different organs, leading to the development of stomatitis and dermatitis.
Exudative Multiform Erythema
With this autoimmune disease, the lesion of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity occurs in 60% of patients.Symptoms of allergic stomatitis due to exudative multiform erythema
- The disease begins with redness and swelling of the mucous membrane;
- Then, in places of lesion, bubbles filled with transparent liquid appear; They burst, leaving in their place erosion;
- erosion is covered with purulent or blood circuit, gradually heals;
- During the appearance of erosions, the patient is experiencing general weakness, malaise, the body temperature rises.
Usually after 1 - 3 weeks, all the symptoms of the disease pass.
Dermatostomatites are autoimmune diseases at which various organs are affected, including leather and mucous membranes.Autoimmune diseases that are able to complicate Stomatitis:
- Systemic Red Volchanka
- Red flat lichen
Each pathology is characterized by its own symptoms and a specific lesion of the mucous membrane.
Actually, allergic stomatitis are conventional allergies, developing as a result of contact of the mucous membrane of the mouth with defined substances. Most often, drugs, materials used in dentistry are in the role of allergens.Types of allergic stomatitis
- fixed - the lesion of the mucous membrane always develops in the same place;
- common - all the mucous membranes of the oral cavity are affected.
Allergic stomatitis can flow in any form (see above): catarrhal, aphthous or to form an ulcer.
Methods of treating Stomatitis
Medical therapy at stomatitis
|A drug||Purpose of destination||Mode of application|
|Washing the oral cavity with neutralizing solutions with a chemical burn in order to prevent stomatitis.||Used in chemical burns of the oral mucosa. If the burn is caused by acid, alkalis solutions are used. With a burn alkalis, by contrast, acid solutions are used.|| For burns with acids : |
Antibiotics at Stomatitis
| Preparations from the group Penicillins : ||Antibiotics in tablets or injection solutions are prescribed with a sufficiently serious flow of stomatitis. There are many groups of antibacterial drugs, concretely selected depending on the type of infection. Purpose can be carried out only by a doctor, since there is complications with improper self-treatment.||The main condition for the use of antibiotics is the reception strictly on schedule, at regular intervals.|
Cementants in Stomatitis
|Tannin||The tanne interacts with the mucous membrane and contributes to the formation of a film that protects the nerve endings from irritation on its surface. It has anti-inflammatory properties.||Tanin is produced as a powder. To prepare a solution for rinsing the mouth, 1 - 2 g of powder in 100 ml of water should be dissolved. Rinse your mouth at Stomatitis 1 - 3 times a day by appointment of a doctor.|
Healing and other drugs during stomatitis
|Salcossuril (in the form of dental paste).||SalkoSeril is obtained from the blood of young calves. The drug stimulates the reproduction of cells and tissue regeneration.||The dental paste is applied to the affected sections of the mucous membrane 3 - 4 times a day. Form release : Pasta in tubes (tubes) for 5 g. Side effects: People suffering from allergic reactions, it is necessary to apply a dental paste with a solicoryl with caution.|
| Chlorhexidine preparations: ||Chlorhexidine is one of the most powerful antiseptic drugs. It is widely used in stomatitis and other dental diseases that have infectious inflammatory nature.|| |
LizoplakComposition: Dental gel applied to rinsing the mouth. The main active substance is chlorhexidine. Additional components: sodium borate, dimethicone, sodium citrate. Mode of application : Rinse your mouth with gel 2 - 3 times a day.
SebidinComposition : Tablets, which include chlorhexidine and ascorbic acid (vitamin C). Mode of application : Tablets are dissolved in the mouth during the day, every 2 hours.
|Pyryrokine ointment with methyluracyl.||Pyrykine - anesthetic (drug, close in structure and mechanism of action to Novocaine). Methyluracil - means of stimulating regeneration processes in cells and tissues. Ointment is used in stomatitis, accompanied by severe pain syndrome.||Form release : Pyrenecian ointment is produced in tubes for 30 g. Mode of application : Apply the ointment to the gum 1-2 times a day for 2 to 5 minutes. Do not apply more than 1 g of ointment once.|
Antiseptic solutions for rinsing of the mouth during stomatitis
|Lizoamidaza||A enzyme preparation that has the ability to destroy pathogenic bacteria. It is used in stomatitis of bacterial origin.||Form release : Powder to which the bottle is attached with a special solvent. Mode of application : Dilute powder in a solvent and rinse your mouth 2 times a day for 10 minutes. Side effects : During the rinsing of the mouth of Lizamydase, there is often a feeling of burning. It passes independently.|
|Hydrogen peroxide||Powerful oxidizing agent, which is an effective antiseptic.||0.2 - 0.3% hydrogen peroxide solution is used for rinsing. In pharmacies, it is usually possible to acquire a solution of 3%. To obtain the desired concentration, dilute 1 teaspoon of the pharmacy solution in the glass of water. Attention : Rinse the oral cavity solutions of hydrogen peroxide too high concentration can lead to chemical burns of the mucous membrane.|
|Etonii||Medicinal substance with properties Antiseptic (means destroying pathogenic microorganisms) and anesthetic (anesthetic). Etonius is most effective against staphylococci and streptococci.||The drug is produced as a powder. For use in stomatitis, a solution is prepared 0.5%. They walked cotton or gauze tampons, apply them to the place of defeat.|
|Bicarmint||The main active substance of the drug is sodium tetraborate. Is an Antiseptic .||Form release : Tablets that contain sodium tetraborate, peppermint, menthol, sodium bicarbonate (soda). Method of application: dissolve in half a glass of water 1 - 2 tablets. The resulting solution is used for rinsing of the mouth during stomatitis.|
|Iodovidon||An antiseptic property, which includes iodine. Appointed with stomatitis of bacterial origin. Especially active in relation to golden staphylococcus, intestinal sticks, a protest.||Form release : Iodowidon is produced in vials of different volumes, in the form of 1% solution. Mode of application : 1 teaspoon of a solution to dilute half a glass of warm water. Rinse your mouth several times a day, by appointing a doctor. Contraindications : Increased sensitivity of the patient's body to iodine.|
|Furacilin||One of the most popular antiseptics. It is widely used for washing the wounds, rinsing of the mouth, washing the nose of the nasal sinuses during sinusites, injection into the eyes and their washing during conjunctivitis.|| Forms of release that are used in stomatitis : |
Spray at Stomatitis
|Bioparox||The main component of the spray is the antibacterial drug Fuzafungin. It has pronounced anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect.||Irrigate the mucous membrane of the oral cavity twice a day.|
|Tantuum Verde||A drug with anti-inflammatory and anesthetic effect. It is safe, so it is widely used in young children.||Irrigate the place of defeat in the oral cavity several times a day, by appointing a doctor.|
|Inhalipt||Inhalipt includes antibacterial drugs, leaf oil pepperpin, eucalyptus oil. Effective with aftenal and ulcerative stomatitis.||Rinse your mouth with warm boiled water. Wheel in the spray of inhalipte from the sprayed places of the mucous membrane of the mouth for 1 - 2 seconds. Multiplicity of application - 3 - 4 times a day.|
|Proposol||Medicinal based on propolis, includes ethyl alcohol and glycerin. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.||Wheel the oral cavity with proposol 2 - 3 times a day, by appointing a doctor.|
Treatment of stomatitis of infectious origin is carried out by drugs that are generally used in these infections. Thus, with candidal stomatitis, antifungal agents are prescribed (in the form of ointments, tablets and injections), with herpesvirus - antiviral, etc.
Folk ways to treat stomatitis **Tincture of calendula
For rinsing of the mouth at stomatitis applies alcohol tincture of calendula in a ratio of 1:10. Flowers of this plant have an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect. A teaspoon of tincture needs to be diluted before applying a glass of water. Ringed mouth 3 - 4 times a day, depending on the prescriptions of the doctor.
The alcohol tincture of calendula is sold in pharmacies in bottles of 40 and 50 ml.Tincture of Zverboy
Zveboy has long been known to traditional medicine as an effective binder and enveloping agent. In the treatment of stomatitis, the tincture of flowers is used by 40% alcohol in the ratio of 1: 5. Sale in pharmacy in bottles.
With the purpose of making a solution for rinsing 30 - 40 drops of the tincture of the Zverkoy, dissolve in one glass of water.Infusion of Sage Leaves
Sage leaves are harvested throughout the summer. The plant grows in many regions of Russia, you can buy ready-made medicinal raw materials in filter bags. Sage have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect and contain tubinous substances.
Cooking Infusion of Sage Leaves: 1 tablespoon of dried leaves dissolve in a glass of boiling water, cool, to appear. Rinse the oral cavity during the day in accordance with the appointment of the doctor.Oak bark
Medicinal properties have the bark of young thin branches of oak, assembled early in spring. She cooks from it in the ratio of the cortex and water 1:10, which then put the mouth throughout the day. The bark of oak is sold in pharmacies in the finished dried form in the boxes.Calando juice
Contains components with anti-inflammatory effects that contribute to the purification of pus izv and dead tissues accelerating the healing process. For the treatment of stomatitis, calanchoe juice in the form of applications is applied to the affected sections of cotton or gauze tampons moistened with cotton. The pharmacies sell a ready-made alcohol solution of Calanechoe juice.Eucalyptus leaves
The plant contains a large number of antiseptics.
Preparation of a ragger for rinsing the mouth. Take 10 g of dry leaves eucalyptus. Pour the glass of water and boil. Cool, see. For rinsing to breed a spoon of the resulting decoction on a glass of water. For convenience, dried leaves are sold in pharmacies in briquettes.
With stomatitis, eucalyptus oil can be used. It is bred in a glass of water in an amount of 10 - 15 drops.Propolis
It is a product of beekeeping. It consists of a large number of components with anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, healing effects. In pharmacies of propulsion, you can purchase in the form of an alcohol tincture of 10% (in 80% ethyl alcohol).
For use during stomatitis, 15 ml of the alcohol tincturing of propolis is bred in half a glass or as a whole cup of water. Ringed mouth 3 - 4 times a day. The total duration of treatment with propolis - 4 - 5 days.
When are antibiotics assign at stomatitis? What antibacterial drugs need to be taken?
There is only one indication for the purpose of antibiotics during stomatitis: this is the presence of an infectious process.Preparations used in stomatitis of infectious origin
- Bacterial infection (Staphylococcus, streptococcal, etc.): Antibacterial drugs are used, in accordance with the type of pathogens of microorganisms;
- infectious process as a complication Traumatic, allergic and other stomatitis: antibacterial drugs are used;
- Candadose Stomatitis : Antifungal drugs are used;
- Enterovirus, vesicular and other viral stomatitis : Approach suitable antiviral drugs.
It is worth remembering that self-medication is unacceptable with antibacterial drugs during stomatitis. Antibiotics should be applied only by a doctor, after the fact of the presence of infection and susceptibility of pathogenic microorganisms to those or other drugs are established.
With improper self-treatment with antibiotics, the effect of drug use is reduced, complications may develop.
Is it possible to use furacilin during stomatitis?
The solution of furacin is used in many types of stomatitis. It has antiseptic properties, so helps to fight infection, or prevents its occurrence (with traumatic, allergic stomatitis, etc.).Furatsiline can be purchased in a pharmacy in two dosage forms
- Tablet's form . Preparation of solutions for rinsing: crowded two tablets and dissolve in a glass of water (well stir, as Furacilin dissolves with difficulty).
- In vials, in the form of a finished solution for rinse .
Is it possible to treat with green stomatitis?
Zelenka does not apply to the treatment of stomatitis:
- Diamond green is far from always effective in infectious-inflammatory diseases of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity;
- This tool can have a damaging effect on the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- Today there is a large arsenal of more efficient and secure funds.
Is Stomatitis infected?
Very relevant question, especially for family members and in children's teams. So, almost any stomatitis is infectious for others, because the main cause of this disease isViruses
, fungi I.Bacteria
. The pathways and the degree of contagiousness (contagious) with different types of stomatitis differ. We will deal with how each single type of stomatitis is transmitted.Table. Ways of transmission of stomatitis and degree of contagious.
|View of Stomatitis||Ways transfer||Degree of contagiousness|
|Viral stomatitis, besides the disease caused by a simple herpes virus:|| Main path: airborne drip - When coughing, conversation, the viruses together with saliva and mucus are allocated, this mixture is in suspended in the air in the form of aerosols. Less significant ways: ||Very high degree of contagiousness For people who do not have specific immunity against these viral infections (which was formed as a result of a previously transferred disease or vaccination).|
|Stomatitis caused by a variety of herpes 1 and 2 types, as well as cytomegalovirus||Domestic contact - Through dishes, dirty hands, personal hygiene objects and other binding items, kisses. Sex Path - with vaginal, anal and oral sex, Transplascent way From mother to child, as well as through breast milk. Air-drip The transfers of this infection rarely occurs.|| High degree of contagiousness , especially for: |
|Vesicular Stomatitis||Transmissive path - through the bite of insects.||For people around the patient Not infected.|
|Bacterial Stomatitis||Contact and household journey.||Average degree of contagious Especially for people who have injuries of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity.|
|Fungal (candidal) stomatitis||Contact and household journey.|| Average degree of contagious , high degree of contagious for: |
|Traumatic stomatitis||-||Such stomatitis is not infected But when infected with the wound in the mouth, the contagiousness depends on the type of pathogen.|
|Allergic stomatitis, Dermatostomatites Multiform erythema||-||Not contagious.|
|Aphtose Stomatitis||Possible contact-household journey.||Low degree of contagious depends on the causes of the development of this type of stomatitis.|
In any case, when identifying stomatitis in a children's team or family, you must adhere toAll personal hygiene and prevention measures:
- Regular hand washing;
- Daily mouth cavity: cleaning teeth, rinsing, and so on;
- the use of separate dishes;
- temporary refusal of kisses;
- For children - do not take other people's toys;
- the use of individual towels, bed linen, personal hygiene;
- Obsite, personal hygiene, dishes, linen, toys must be disinfected: boiling, stroking, quartzing, the use of disinfectants;
- Maintain immunity in proper state.
How does Stomatitis affect the immunity and vice versa? How does stomatitis occur in HIV?
Stomatitis, especially herpetic or fungal - this is the first call of the poor state of the immune system. Ulcers in the mouth can hide heavy pathologies such asHIV
, congenital immunodeficiencyOncological pathology
and others.Particularly fear of repeating or recurrent stomatitis
Precisely because of the reducedImmunity
Herpety stomatitis often occurs a week after the flu, and Candadose stomatitis - a day after the receptionAntibiotics
Yes, and the risk to infect any of the types of infectious stomatitis is high mainly in the risk group, that is, people with reduced immune forces.
Imperfect, not yet to the end formed immunity have kids. Already "tired", exhausted its potentials of immunity characteristic of the elderly. thereforeChildren under 5 years old and people older than 60 years often suffer from stomatitis
But not only immunity affects the development and course of stomatitis. Thus, some types of stomatitis have a negative impact on the protective forces of the body. As is known - herpes, cytomegalovirus, adenovirus,fungi
"Rubber immunity", and not just local, in the field of oral cavity, but also systemic. And bacterial stomatitis violatesMicroflora
The oral cavity that protects not only the oral cavity, but also the respiratory tract. Also bacteria and viruses often affect lymph nodes - immune bodies -Almonds
, Subject, cervical and other types of lymph nodes.
As a conclusionStomatitis is an immunocompetent disease. Another bright examples of the interdependence of stomatitis and immunity is Feature of stomatitis in HIV - positive patients :
- stomatitis Almost constantly accompanying HIV-infected patients has a chronic course with constant exacerbations and relapses, remission may not be at all;
- At the state of the mucous membrane of the mouth judged on the presence of testimony to the survey on HIV and about the HIV / AIDS stage;
- often found Chronic Aftenne Stomatitis ;
- people with HIV stomatitis usually strikes most of the mucous membrane of the mouth, language, lips ;
- often meets Combined types of stomatitis: fungal, herpety, bacterial;
- Cytomegalovirus stomatitis in HIV can lead to the patient's death, even if it takes antiretroviral therapy;
- for such patients is characteristic Non-ulcer damage to the mucous membrane of the mouth Both the gums, bleeding of gums, periodontal diseases, progressive caries, as a result - the suppuration of the teeth and their rapid loss, possibly the damage to the bone structures of the jaws.
- Availability generalized defeat of all the structures of the oral cavity (cheek, upper and lower sky, tongue, gum, teeth), the presence of total periodontitis;
- chronic and long flowing stomatitis (more often fungal), not treatable with standard treatment schemes;
- The presence of leukoplakia - the erases of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity;
- Availability of "hairy" language (Hairy leukoplakia) - the energization of the puffs of the language as a result of the long exposure of the fungal flora, the nipples resemble the hairs;
- Availability Condyl and Papillom in the field of oral cavity;
- Herpes Single Herpes – Herpes Zoster other than the mucous membrane affects the nervous fiber, characterized by bubble rashes on the upper or lower heaven and severe pain syndrome, pain often requires strong analgesics, up to narcotic drugs;
- Sarcoma Caposhi - Malignant formation of lymphatic vessels, in the oral cavity can be located in the sky, tongue, gums, look like bright red or brown nodes that increase, then painful ulcers are formed in their place.
Stomatitis in infants (up to 1 year) and early children (age from 1 year to 5 years), what are the features, signs and symptoms?Children of early and preschool age are more often sick of stomatitis, such is the age feature of their immune system and habits to taste and not wash their hands. Given the children's immunity, stomatitis under the age of 5 has its own features of the flow. Stomatitis in children over 5 years also flows as in adults. Types of stomatitis most common in children under 5 years of age: one. Viral Herpety Stomatitis - Most often occurs in children aged 1 to 5 years, which is associated with the first meeting of children's immunity with herpes infection, such a "debut" of herpes. As a result of such stomatitis in children, antibodies (immunoglobulins G) are formed to the virus of a simple herpes, which protect the body from recurrence of herpes, because this virus does not go anywhere, and the "dormant" in the body almost all life. Repeated herpetic rashes on the lips, face, in the oral cavity (relapses and exacerbations) in such children are possible only with a decrease in protective forces, for example, after influenza or stress. Especially seriously, herpetic stomatitis takes place in infants, while the rash applies beyond the oral cavity on the skin of the lips and face, dangerous complications associated with the defeat of the central nervous system. 2. Candidoid or fungal stomatitis - It is characteristic of children from birth to 3 years. The development of such stomatitis is associated with a violation of the normal microflora of the oral cavity, that is, the lack of "good" bacteria, hitting mushrooms through nipples, pacifiers, milk, dairy glands. In children until monthly, the microflora is generally populated. A good nutrient medium for mushrooms is milk - the main food of babies up to 3 years. Reception of antibiotics is a frequent cause of candidal stomatitis. 3. Bacterial Stomatitis - more often found in children older than 1 year, bacterial inflammation develops against the background of traumatic stomatitis. The mucous membrane of the mouth in kids is very thin and gentle, and is injured both with high and low temperatures, toys, fingers. In the mouth there are always bacteria, it is normal, but in the presence of a wound, these bacteria cause bacterial ulcerative stomatitis. Also for childhood Characterized sharp types of stomatitis . Chronic stomatitis develops in children with poor immunity and in disadvantaged families, in which the elementary rules of hygiene do not comply. Signs and symptoms of stomatitis in children. Children who do not know how to speak, complaints, naturally, do not prevent. Yes, and parents cannot immediately understand that the baby stomatitis, changes in the oral cavity often detect a few days from the beginning of the disease.
Stomatitis start, how to suspect this disease in kid?
- The disease begins acutely, sometimes even suddenly;
- Kid naughty, screaming without visible reasons;
- sleep well;
- The child may be sluggish, apathetic;
- shoves his fingers in the mouth, while nervous;
- There is an increased salivation;
- Increases body temperature, often and up to 40 0FROM;
- refuses to eat, and while eating whims;
- Children who love dumps suddenly refuse them;
- A frequent liquid chair is possible, especially with fungal stomatitis;
- vomiting is possible;
- In severe course, the lymph nodes of the neck may increase.
How to identify stomatitis in the oral cavity?Of course, it is better to contact the pediatrician. But mom and herself can see ulcers in the mouth of the child. To do this, you need to take a spoon or a disposable spatula (you can buy in a pharmacy), and Carefully inspect the oral cavity in such a sequence:
- all surfaces of the language;
- solid sky - the upper surface of the oral cavity;
- Soft sky - under the tongue;
- internal surfaces of the cheek;
- internal surfaces of the lips, gums;
- Then a little pressing on the top surface of the tongue, inspect the palas and the rear wall of the oz (simply speaking the throat), it is necessary to remember that Stomatitis ulcers can be localized on almonds .
What does stomatitis look like in children?Changes on the mucous membranes of the mouth are the same as in adults, their character depends on the type of stomatitis. More details you can read in the section Articles: Types of stomatitis depending on the causes . But you need to be very attentive, since in children with a good immunity, an ulcer in the mouth may be the only and small sizes, it is not always easy to see, but at the same time intoxication can be quite pronounced. Photo: Herpety stomatitis in a child The yaser is located on the inner surface of the mucous membrane of the upper lip. Photo: Candidal stomatitis in a child In this case, the changes are more common on the surface of the tongue - that is, evolved fungal glossitis . Photo: Streptodermia face skin and bacterial stomatitis in a child caused by streptococcal infection.
Can ulcers in stomatitis in a child bleed?With stomatitis, the mucous membrane of the structures of the oral cavity is affected, which the children have very thin and gentle. In the difficult course of the disease, the sections of the mucous membrane are destroyed, the blood vessels that can be bleeded into the inflammatory process. Thus, for herpetic stomatitis, the formation of bubbles, which are revealed, and the AFTs are formed in their place - bleeding ulcers. And with fungal stomatitis, a white or gray raid is formed, after the removal of which you can also see a bleeding surface. There are practically always bleeding with the damage to the stomatite. Bloodflow indicates the severity of stomatitis. Also, this symptom is often accompanied by an unpleasant, sometimes even putrid the smell of mouth. The principles of treatment of stomatitis with bleeding are the same as during stomatitis without this symptom. You can add tools that strengthen vessel walls and hemostatic drugs (vitamins A, E, C, Vikasol, calcium gluconate, aminocaproic acid).
Treatment of stomatitis in children by age up to 5 years. How to treat stomatitis in children up to 1 year?In childhood, the choice of drugs for the treatment of stomatitis is somatitis, which is associated with the risks of the development of side effects, allergic reactions, the inability to use rinsings, and in children under 2 years old are not recommended sprays for processing the oral cavity, such forms of drugs can lead to a larynx spa or bronchi. Medicaased tools and processing of the oral cavity during stomatitis in children age up to 5 years.
|View of Stomatitis||A drug||How to apply? *|
|Herpety (viral) stomatitis:||Herpety Stomatitis Babies are very dangerous by their complications, since herpes virus affects the nervous system and can cause viral encephalitis, threatening life and leading to disability. Therefore, herpety stomatitis at heart age, in most cases, requires hospitalization to a hospital, where they will conduct powerful antiviral and disinfecting therapy (various injections, including drip).|
| ||Antiviral drugs: Acyclovir ointment 5%, Antiviral drugs inside Used with severe and recurrent herpes flow: Tablet acyclovir 200 mg||Ointment: The thin layer lubricates the affected areas every 4-5 hours. Tablets acyclovir 200 mg: On ½ tablets for children 1-2 years old and 1-2 tab. For children over 2 years old.|
| Herbs champs: ||Processing the oral cavity every 4-5 hours, combining types of funds.|
| Vitamins: ||Lubricate the mucous oily cavity 2 times a day.|
| Package preparations: ||You can process no more than 6 times a day or more often than 1 time per hour.|
|Candidoid (fungal) Stomatitis:||Food soda solution.||1 teaspoon of soda per 100 ml of boiled water. Processing after each meal. Also, you can also process nipples, bottles, toys.|
|Candid Solution (Clotrimazole)||10-20 drops on a sterile cotton swab, process 3 times a day.|
|Holovaal (anesthetic, antiseptic, antifungal and anti-inflammatory effect).||The strip of ointment with a length of 5 mm is applied to the mucous membrane of the mouth 2-3 times a day.|
| Antifungal preparations inside, readings: ||Fluconazole (syrup, tablets): 6-12 mg per 1 kg body weight per day. Caution is prescribed to children to monthly age. Nystatin: Up to 1 year - 100,000 cells 3-4 times a day, 1-3 years - 250,000 cells 3-4 times a day, 3-5 years - 250,000 - 500,000 cells 3-4 times a day.|
|Furacilin||1 tablet per 100 g of boiling water, cool and handle the oral cavity 2-3 times a day.|
|Vinyline||For outdoor use 2-3 times a day.|
|Methylene blue, aqueous solution||Processing 1-2 times a day all oral cavity.|
|Linex.||1 Capsule of the drug to reveal and fall asleep into the mouth of a child, the kid himself will distribute the drug over the entire oral cavity. "Good" bacteria will fight fungi.|
|Broth Romashki.||1 tbsp. A spoonful of grass by 200.0 ml of boiling water and 15 minutes on a water bath.|
- Stomatidin - You can from 4 years;
- Sodium Tetraborate (Bura), Bicharmitics - effective, but severe side effects that threaten the life of a child can be since 18 years old;
- Hexoral - recommended from 6 years;
- Metrogil Denta - contraindicated children under 14;
- Boric acid 2% - contraindicated children to one year old age;
- Iodovidon - not recommended to children up to 8 years;
- Bioparox - not recommended to children up to 2.5 years;
- Inhalipt, Tartum Verde and many other sprays - for children older than 3 years;
- SOLKOSERIL - from 18 years;
- Chlorophyllipt oil solution - Not recommended to children under 10 years;
- Lugol solution on glycerin - not recommended for children under 5 years old, and for older children it is necessary to use with caution, as it can lead to a burn of the mouth mucous membrane;
- Holovaal - You can children older than 1 year;
- Rinse of oral cavity - difficult in children's practice.
Temperature at stomatitis in a child and an adult, what it happens, how long does it last and how to shoot it?Increased body temperature at any stomatitis - quite frequent phenomenon. Especially this symptom depends on the age of the patient - the younger child, the higher the body temperature and longer holds. Also, the symptom of high temperature is more characteristic of sharp shapes of stomatitis, with chronic stomatitis, the temperature may remain normal. In early age children, stomatitis is always accompanied by a very high body temperature, up to 40 0C, and this is this symptom most worried mom and child.
Why increase body temperature during stomatitis?Inflammation in stomatitis contributes to disruption of the integrity of the oral mucosa, since this shell is thin and gentle, especially in kids. This is characterized by the appearance of ulcers, AFT, herpety bubbles, raids. At the same time, the products of the life of infectious pathogens, the products of the decay of the destroyed tissues fall into the blood. Temperature is a protective reaction of the organism that destroys these alien agents. During this time, the body finds and sends the necessary immune cells into the focus of inflammation. But due to the actions of the toxins on the nervous system, thermoregulation is disturbed, so the temperature rises to very high numbers and from a protective function can go into destructive power for the entire body (kidneys, liver, blood, central nervous system). That is why it is very important to control the body temperature and reduce it, if necessary.
What figures rise the body temperature during stomatitis?From 37. 0From to 40. 0C. For adults is more characteristic subfebrile body temperature (up to 38), for children - high. Moreover, the increase in temperature to low numbers is often the first symptitis symptitis, even before the rashes on the mucous membranes of the mouth. And not always the level of increasing temperature depends on the amount and prevalence of rash in the oral cavity. So, for example, a child under 3 years old body temperature can be 40 0With with a single element of rash in the mouth.
When do you need to shoot down the temperature at stomatitis?Up to 38.5 0C - the temperature is your assistant in the fight against the disease, so it should not knock it down.
How does the body temperature be killed during stomatitis?
- Taking antipyretic drugs in the age dosage (paracetamol, ibuprofen, analgin) - syrups, tablets, rectal candles;
- Treatment of oral cavity ;
- Washing the body water temperature, revealing the patient (even with the patient's chill, it is impossible to warm and additionally);
- give Large liquid ;
- Children can be done Clea (microclism up to 50-100 ml with boiled water temperature);
- Cold compress in the region of the right hypochondrium and temples;
- If all these events do not help , It is necessary to call an ambulance, it is also impossible to sit at home if a child is developing against the background of high body temperature, febrile cramps (twitching the limbs, face muscles, their petition, body disintegration, loss of consciousness and other manifestations of convulsive syndrome).
Thrush in the mouth - is it stomatitis? It can not be treated?The thrush in the people is called candidiasis of mucous membranes, including candidiasis stomatitis. Candidiasis of the oral cavity was not accidentally called from the word "milk", as often found in the children of the first months of life, the main food of which is breast milk or dairy mixture. Also, candidiasis has a specific appearance, resembles cottage cheese, and the smell of the mouth is similar to fermented with dairy products. It is milk that these babies are the cause of the development of pathogenic fungi, as it is a good nutrient medium. Mushrooms are transferred to the baby through the nipples of the mother, bottles, pacifiers. In newborn children - from the mother when passing through the generic paths. With a non-heavy course of the candidiasis (initial stage), parents may not pay attention to the whisper bloom in the sky and the language, since it is very similar to the remains of dairy food. And the general condition of the child at the beginning of the disease can absolutely not be disturbed. A characteristic symptom of thrush is redness and ulceration on the spot shot of a white plaque. At this stage, the milk can be cured with a banal solution of food soda with regular treatment of the mucous membrane, as well as the nipples of the mammary glands, bottles, nipples. If the flare spread over the entire surface of the oral cavity and the language, bleeding wounds are formed, the overall health of the child is disturbed, one soda cannot do, it is necessary to consult a dentist or Laura. The thrush is not so innocuous, can give complications:
- Development of chronic candidiasis of the oral cavity, and in time it is possible to develop leukoplakia (the energization of the mucous membrane), the "hairy" language;
- intestinal dysbiosis (diarrhea or constipation, nutritional absorption disorders in the intestines, as a result - body weight deficit, rickets and other troubles);
- Vagina dysbiosis in girls (thrush);
- Weakening of local and general immunity - frequent infectious diseases;
- Mushrooms can contribute to the development of various allergic reactions;
- Candids can go beyond the oral cavity, get into the bloodstream and spread throughout the body (fungal pneumonia, sepsis, meningoencephalitis), these states are developing in immunodeficiency, threaten human life and require very long treatment with "heavy" drugs.
Stomatitis and diseases of teeth, how do these diseases affect each other? How to treat teeth with stomatitis?The teeth are the structures that are in the oral cavity, therefore the state of the mucous membrane depends on the state of the teeth and vice versa. And this pattern is observed from the breast, when milk teeth are dispersed and until the oldest, when, instead of teeth, many have prostheses. Dental causes of stomatitis: one. Teething: In newborns, teeth are in the state of adversaries, and as teeth are growing and teeth, which gradually push the tissues of the gums (rubber) and go out. At the same time, the gums are always inflamed, in fact, due to its injury. Therefore, the risk of stomatitis's development increases during teething. This problem arises not only in young children, stomatitis and other problems in young people in the teething of the so-called "wisdom teeth" are particularly often joined. Interesting! Many children in the background of teething teething increases the body temperature, runny nose, develops diseases of the upper respiratory tract, intestines. But this absolutely does not mean that the teeth caused all these states, simply to inflamed desns are joined by various infections (bacteria, mushrooms), which reduce local immunity and contribute to the deterioration of the health of the baby. Also, the teething of the teeth increases the blood circulation of jaws, including the cavity of the nose, so the kids can develop vasomotor rhinitis (runny nose associated with a violation of the tone of the nose vessels). And at the same time it is necessary to treat all these states, and not wait until the teeth get out. 2. Dental caries - source of chronic infection. In addition to infection, the collapsing teeth have pointed edges, which additionally injure the mouth mucosa. And if the toothpicks are also constantly used, the stomatitis is guaranteed. 3. Dental - This is not only an ugly flare on the teeth, but also a chronic focus of infection, it contains the entire spectrum of bacteria and mushrooms. In addition, the tooth stone flaps the gum from the tooth, forming the gum pockets - a good place for inflammation. four. Removal of a tooth - After such an operation, the wound remains, which can be very easy to infect, inflammation spreads throughout the mucous membrane of the oral cavity and can develop stomatitis, most often bacterial. five. Dental prosthetics. If the denture is correct and perfect, then there may be no problems with it. But in practice it is not always possible, the dentures can put pressure on the gum, to traverse the tongue, the mucous membrane of the cheek, which predisposes to the development of traumatic, ulcerative and aphthose stomatitis. 6. Gum disease - Gingivitis, periodontitis is the inflammation of the gum, which can spread throughout the surface of the oral cavity and cause stomatitis. 7. The use of hard toothbrushes, And also when using contaminated, especially associated brushes, the mucous membrane of the mouth is injured, and such personal hygiene products become a source of infection with various infections, viruses and mushrooms. As a result - stomatitis. Therefore, any self-respecting person must follow the state of his teeth, visit the dentist twice a year, if necessary, to carry out a rejection. This will reduce the risk of stomatitis. But then the question arises if there is stomatitis, how to treat teeth is the same bloody manipulations, you can make an infection in the tooth tissue and aggravate the state of the oral cavity. A really good dentist before treating his teeth, prescribes anti-inflammatory treatment of stomatitis, and only after the restoration of the mucous membrane of the mouth will begin other manipulations. Also, after the treatment of teeth, especially after surgical interventions, it is important to monitor the cavity of the mouth, the dentist will prescribe rinsing, ointment, gels, bonds with antiseptics and anti-inflammatory drugs, in some cases, for example, after removing the tooth, it will recommend an antibiotic for receiving inside. And then the risk of stomatitis is significantly reduced.
A child or adult often sick stomatitis, what are the reasons and what to do?For some people, Stomatitis becomes a permanent satellite, that is, it acquires a chronic recurrent flow. Such stomatitis is treated very hard, can give various complications, and even elementary reduces the quality of life. Therefore, it is very important not to remain with this problem at home, but to contact a specialist, self-medication with recurrent stomatitis will not lead to anything good. Why does recuridating stomatitis arise? one. Improper treatment of acute stomatitis or lack of treatment As such, in the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, chronic inflammatory changes occur, scars (the growth of connective tissue, scars) are formed. It becomes good soil for the recurrence of stomatitis. Not only the wrong choice of drugs, but also the incompleteness of the course of therapy, especially etiological (antibiotics, antiviral, antifungal drugs). It threatens not only the development of chronic stomatitis, but also by the development of the drug sustainability of the pathogen, that is, the next time these drugs will no longer help. 2. Reduced immunity. The state of the mucous membrane of the mouth is a mirror of the state of the immune system, because stomatitis is an immunos-dependent pathology. Therefore, with recurrent stomatitis, it is necessary to refer to the pediatrician or therapist, which will appoint additional studies to determine the pathologies of immunity. Recommended laboratory tests with recurrent stomatitis:
- general blood analysis;
- Blood biochemistry;
- Analysis of IFA to HIV;
- blood on sugar;
- RW (analysis on syphilis);
- study on Torch infection (herpes, cytomegalovirus and others);
- Immunogram - a study of blood, which reflects the qualitative and quantitative state of immune cells, this analysis defines various immunodeficiency;
- Examination on tuberculosis - FG or radiograph of breastfeeding organs, manta test for children;
- Abdominal ultrasound;
- Cal on eggs worm and blood on antibodies to helminats;
- Other types of research depending on the complaints and associated pathologies.
- uncomfortable prostheses;
- alcohol abuse;
- The habit of drinking hot, cold, acidic, sharp, coarse or solid food, carbonated drinks;
- improper use of toothpaste, rinsers for oral cavity;
- Using toothpicks and so on.
- etiological treatment of stomatitis Accordingly, the causative agent. In chronic stomatitis, it is important to determine which infection parasitizes in the oral cavity and which drugs are valid for it, for this they take material from the modified sections of mucous membranes for sowing with an antibiotic pattern and virological research;
- the use of anti-inflammatory and healing drugs;
- in recurrences of stomatitis effective physiotherapy (electrophoresis, UHF and others);
- Treatment of immunodeficiency : In HIV, antiretroviral therapy is required, with other immunodeficiency, immunostimulators and immunograms, which are selected, respectively;
- Allergy treatment Contact restriction with allergens;
- consumption of sparing for the mucous membrane of products and beverages;
- dental treatment , correction of prostheses and solving other dental problems;
- Treatment of various infectious diseases , diseases of the digestive organs, glider invasions, anemia and other somatic diseases;
- Control of sugar levels blood with diabetes;
- Compliance with personal hygiene rules cavities of mouth, hands, dishes, for children still toys, nipples and other items;
- With hormonal treatment of bronchial asthma - washing the oral cavity after using hormone-containing inhalers;
- healthy lifestyle;
- with avitaminosis - Purpose of the complex of vitamins with trace elements and so on.
How to quickly cure stomatitis in children and adults at home?With stomatitis, it is advisable to turn to a dentist or an ENT doctor, however, it is also successfully treated at home. But there are indications for compulsory appeal to the doctor, in which homemade self-medication can aggravate the course of stomatitis, worsen the quality of life and threaten the development of severe complications. When it is impossible to treat stomatitis without a consultation of the doctor?
- Stomatitis in children up to 1 year, especially herpetic;
- Stomatitis against the backdrop of HIV infection of other immunodeficiency;
- Any chronic and recurrent stomatitis;
- If ulcers occupy more than half the surface of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity and language;
- bleeding wounds in the oral cavity;
- with purulent diseases of the teeth;
- In the absence of a positive effect from self-treatment within 3 days.
- etiotropic treatment , directed to the causative agent (antiviral, antiseptic and antifungal ointments, gels, solutions for rinsing);
- Anti-inflammatory drugs for topical use;
- Healing drugs For processing the oral cavity;
- Folk treatments .
- Use only warm , comfortable meal, food, from hot and ice, it is worth refuse;
- abandon acute, acidic and bitter food , limit the use of salt and sugar;
- Abstinence from alcohol consumption (although the legend walks into everyday life, allegedly under stomatitis it is necessary to rinse with vodka), alcohol additionally contributes to the chemical injury of the oral mucosa and exacerbates the course of the disease;
- Food must be soft , preferably crushed or thermally processed, that is, it is necessary to abandon solid, whole and raw vegetables and fruits, seeds, nuts, meat and fish with small bones, superstars, solid cookies, and so on;
- Preferred Liquid, loosened or finely chopped food, is desirable thermally processed, almost without a large amount of flavoring additives;
- In the diet should be a full content Vitamins and trace elements ;
- Abundant drink It is necessary to leash infection from the oral cavity and the body as a whole, peeled water, including mineral, black and green tea, nice juices and compotes are welcome.
- Reading time: 3 minutes
Many of us have already come across this disease and know what reasons it can be caused by which symptoms are manifested and how to rule with this unpleasant problem. For those people who still do not know what stomatitis is, the treatment of which they are not known, this article will be very useful.
From it you will learn:
What is stomatitis.
Symptoms and causes of stomatitis.
Types of Stomatitis.
Treatment of stomatitis in adults and children.
Stomatitis - photo, treatment at home.
What is stomatitis, symptoms, causes of appearance
Stomatitis - Extremely unpleasant sore, and her trouble lies in what it flows very painful. Especially manifests pain when eating or drinking beverages. Each piece of cake, every spoon of porridge and every sip of juice will cause only discomfort and discomfort, which is there to talk about hot tea or cold ice cream. Remember, if you have stomatitis - you will remain no pleasure for a long time when making food.
If we speak scientific terms, stomatitis is the defeat of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, resulting from unscrupulously hygiene or the injury of the surface, which is accompanied by the appearance of white (often with pus) erosion or ulcers in the sky, language, under the languages, on the inner surfaces of the cheeks and lips. The disease is accompanied by burning, itching, painful sensations with food and beverages.
Recognize this sore is very simple, because its symptoms are quite specific.
So, the most popular symptitis symptoms:
Disciplous dryness with oral cavity. This symptoms are first, and it is often missing, as it can signal and other problems, right up to thirst or hangover.
Beleso-gray raid. It is formed about three days after infection of the body. Dislocation places - language, inner surfaces of lips and cheeks, language, at the very end - corners of the lips. This is a faithful sign of the disease, it is difficult to miss it, so it's time to start treatment (which is better planning on the recommendations of the doctor).
Erosion, ulcers. These are quite painful education that appear on the place of the plaque, if not starting therapy on time. They have the appearance of swelling covered with a whiten flask. In some cases, purulent deposits may be formed inside these yasers.
Malignant tumors. Pretty rare, but still a complication of stomatitis, which is more known to us under the scary name of cancer. If you do not want the usual flare led to such a complication, follow the condition of the oral cavity, thoroughly clean and rinse the teeth (and regularly, which is important) and react to the slightest changes in the oral mucosa.
Once again, emphasize your attention on the fact that this is an infectious disease, therefore can transmit from the carrier to the carrier. Its causative agent is a microbe that can develop as a result of such reasons:
- Insufficient or irregular oral hygiene.
- Injecting the mucous membrane (scuffs, which sometimes arise due to the use of too rigid toothbrush, scratches, injections, burns).
- Allergic reaction to food, drug preparations and other substances.
- Immunodeficiency conditions, immunity weakness.
- Wearing a prosthesis or orthodontic apparatus (often found in the elderly and children).
- Contact with a fallen person.
Prevention Stomatitis It implies thorough and regular oral hygiene, the use of warm food and beverages, but not hot or too cold, the use of a suitable toothbrush with soft fibers or medium stiffness, proper care of the prosthetic or orthodontic drugs. It is also necessary to avoid contact with the carriers of infection. This is especially true if you are subject to herpes. Stomatitis in combination with herpes infection is a dangerous mixture with which it is necessary to seriously fight under the leading of the doctor.
Types of Stomatitis
There are several types of stomatitis, symptoms and treatment of which depends on the peculiarities of the disease. The most popular in our country are such three varieties:
Catarial Stomatitis - the easiest form of the disease. Symptomatics is limited to dry cavity and increased sensitivity of surfaces. If it does not treat this form on time, it can lead to the formation of small yasers on the gums, heaven, language. The carriers of prostheses and orthodontic devices are most susceptible to this type of stomatitis. The reason for the appearance is the poor-quality work of the dentist, which has not made a good prosthesis well, used unsuitable materials or simply adjusted the device under the jaw. Also catarrhal stomatitis are subject to smokers with the presence of a dental plaque and which are unfair or irregularly care for the oral cavity.
Aphtose Stomatitis . The chronic shape of stomatitis, which manifests itself with a rash on internal oral surfaces, weakness, high temperatures. The rash is a cluster of a large number of small ulcers, which are very painful and slowly heal. The healing period can occupy more than two weeks. The frequent symptom of this type of stomatitis is the disorder of the gastrointestinal tract. The cause of the disease is the weakening of immunity, avitaminosis. Recall that this is a chronic form that will return even with a slight overcooling.
Herpety Stomatitis . By the name it is clear that this form of the disease is associated with herpes and 90% of the sick stomatitis suffer from this species. The intensifier is a herpesy virus. Some people can get sick once, but in sleeping condition the virus will forever remain in it and will not appear. But most often this virus makes itself felt with the slightest weakening of immunity. Well, stomatitis to it joins it, if not respected or irregularly performs the oral hygiene, the mucous membrane was injured, there was a contact with infected. It is manifested by the formation of bubbles that burst and become extremely painful ulcers, high temperatures (up to fever).
Often stomatitis is accompanied by temperature and painful swallowing. Remember that if you once sick stomatitis, it is very likely that it will manifest them again. Therefore, in your first aid kit there should always be preparations and folk remedies from this sore.
Stomatitis - Treatment in adults and children
If we talk about the medication treatment of stomatitis in adults, it should be clarified that there are several categories of drugs that have an effective confrontation of infection.
- Antiviral attack - Famciclovir (Famvir, Minker), Valacyclovir (Valtarex, Valavir), Miramistin, Viferon Gel, Acyclovir.
- Immunostimulants - amiksin 0.125, Imudon, vitamins.
- Symptomatic drugs - frying agents, but need to be used only at high temperatures.
- The struggle with herpes rashes - means based on Famciclovir and Valactovir, for example, acyclovir.
Recall once again that the reception of medical drugs should be approved by the attending physician. Do not self-medicate.
The treatment of stomatitis in children is more complicated, as children are more sensitive to antibiotics and other drugs and in many cases their reception is prohibited. Parents of the sick child should give him more drinks (water, horses, compotes). So that the little patient could have, the oral cavity should be anesthetized. In this can help tools for teething (dentinox gel or kamistad) or other drugs containing choline salicylate or lidocaine.
At the same time, brush the teeth to the baby and rinse the mouth. This will help folk remedies, we speak further.
Folk remedies from stomatitis
With stomatitis, you can rinse the mouth with decrain or chamomile extracts, sage, lime color, onion husks, carrot juice diluted with warm water, white-baked cabbage juice or horseradish, infusion of tea mushroom, etc.
You can also prepare ointment from garlic with milk (three drops on one spoon), honey with olive oil, novocaine and protein (spoonful of honey we dissolve on the water bath, add a spoonful of oil, protein and 0.5% novocaina solution), grated potatoes with olive Oil, crumpled aloe with olive oil, burdock with hot sunflower oil (before use you need to cool down), etc.
But remember that the people's treatment will be much more efficient if it is applied along with a traditional treatment prescribed by a doctor.
Stomatitis: Treatment in adults at home
From this article you will learn:
- what stomatitis looks like - its views, photos,
- how to quickly cure stomatitis at home,
- The best cure for stomatitis,
- What vaccination (vaccine) exists.
The article is written by a dentist with more than 19 years.
Stomatitis is a whole group of diseases of the oral mucosa, which have different reasons, but manifest themselves mostly equally - most often the formation of mucous membranes and ulcers (AFT), less often - necrosis or development only redness of the mucous membrane. The causes of this disease can be, for example, pathogenic bacteria, herpes virus or allergic reactions, and each of these reasons will require a different approach to the choice of therapy.
There are 2 most common forms of this disease in adults. Firstly, this is chronic thomatitis, which in adulthood most often suffer from 20 to 30 years (hereinafter, with age, its frequency decreases). The second form of form is chronic herpety stomatitis. Even less often, adults meet the so-called "prosthetic stomatitis", as well as the hardest form - the ulcerative-necrotic stomatitis of Wenzan.
Stomatitis: photo in adults
If stomatitis appeared on the oral mucosa - treatment in adults and children does not have a principled difference. However, how to treat stomatitis in the mouth, it is in a child who is written in more detail in the article below. → Treatment of stomatitis in pediatric practice
Stomatitis in adults: causes and treatment
Depending on which form, stomatitis occurred in adults - causes and treatment will be very different. For example, if the cause is in herpetic infection, then drugs are needed with antiviral activity. Other reasons may be pathogenic bacteria, allergies, autoimmune processes, various systemic diseases - and in all these cases there will be completely different drugs.
We are subject to the fact that if stomatitis occurred in adults - treatment at home can be effective only if you correctly define the shape of stomatitis. To help in this - below we posted the photo and description of the symptoms of different types of stomatitis, under each of which you will find an effective list of drugs.
1. Chronic herpety stomatitis -
This shape of stomatitis is caused by a variety of herpes virus (in 90% of cases - the type of HSV-1 virus, and in 10% of cases - the HSV-2 type). Primary infection with a virus with herpes occurs in childhood, after which the virus persists in the body for life. Therefore, if herpety stomatitis occurs in adults - it is almost always repeated cases of the disease, most often associated with the weakening of immunity.
Herpety Stomatitis: Symptoms The duration of the disease is about 10-14 days. The main symptoms are associated with the appearance of herpetic bubbles on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, but even before the appearance of rashes, patients can feel light burning sensation or itching in the plots of the mucous membrane, where herpetic bubbles will appear soon. By the way, it is very important to teach patients to recognize such first symptoms to begin treatment already at this stage.
Acute symptoms of intoxication in adults (in contrast to children) almost never happens, the temperature rises rarely or slightly. In rare cases, there may be symptoms of malaise, weaknesses, headaches, but again minor. In herpetic stomatitis, adults can more often observe symptoms of lymphadenopathy - an increase and pain of submandibular lymph nodes + redness and edema of tonsils.
Picture in the oral cavity - The mucous membrane first becomes bright red, edema. Against the background of such redness, the rash of many small bubbles appears, the size of the seed grain. Bubbles are usually located in groups of several pieces (Fig. 4). The most frequent places of their localization are the mucous membrane of the cheeks and the inner side of the lips, in the language, as well as in the sky and the sky. In parallel with rashes on the mucous membrane, rashes on lips and skin around the mouth can appear.
The bubbles initially filled with transparent content, but over time, their contents are purre. About 2-3 days from the date of their formation, bubbles are bursting, forming numerous single erosion / bright red ulcers. Sometimes many small ulcerations located next to each other merge into one large ulceration area. The surface of the ulcerations is very quickly covered with a fibrinous film of gray or yellowish tint.
Herpety Stomatitis: Photo
The very frequent localization of herpetic stomatitis is a language (Fig. 8,10,11). The rashes may appear not only on well visible surfaces - the back or tip of the tongue, but also on the side, and even the lower surface of the tongue. Very rarely in adults against the background of herpetic stomatitis, symptoms of acute gingivitis can also also occur - redness and swelling of gantalic papillars.
Herpety stomatitis in language -
Herpety Stomatitis: causes of adults
As we have already said above - most often the cause of repeated cases of herpetic stomatitis is to reduce immunity (it can be concerned about a decrease in the general immunity of the body and local cellular immunity of the oral mucosa). Below we listed the main launchers of herpetic stomatitis -
- Reduced immunity (especially on the background of hypothermia or ARVI),
- seasonal avitaminosis, allergic reactions, stress,
- Reception of drugs that reduce immunity (corticosteroids),
- Against the background of chronic tonsillitis, hymorite,
- The injury of the mucous membrane and the red border of the lips (biting the mucous membrane to the teeth, or its injury with a prosthesis or sharp edge of the seal).
The reasons for the reduction of cellular immunity of the oral sheath membrane are most often pathogenic bacteria and toxins allocated by them, as well as some predisposing factors -
- cluster on the teeth of the microbial flooring and the tartar
- infection that is present in unbearable carious defects,
- chronic gingivitis and periodontitis,
- Xr. Tsillit,
- The predisposing factors may be oral respiration and / or xerostomy (chronic dryness in the oral cavity).
How to treat herpetic stomatitis at home -
So what to treat stomatitis in adults in the mouth, if the cause of a simple herpes was becoming ... The treatment strategy will depend on the severity of clinical manifestations and frequencies of relapses. As we have already told above, in the overwhelming majority of cases in adults, the herpetic shape of stomatitis proceeds quite easily, and without pronounced symptoms of intoxication. With such a non-heavy course of the disease, the emphasis must be made on the local treatment of the mucous membrane.
Local processing of mucous membrane - It requires the use of antiseptic rinsing, active with respect to the virus. The choice of such funds is small - in essence, only the drug Miramistin can be prescribed (see instructions for use). Miramistine during stomatitis should be used in the form of rinsing of the oral cavity 3 times a day for 1 minute (or sprayed on herpetic races from the nozzle of the sprayer). This remedy directly affects the virus.
For pain relief of painful ulcers and reduce inflammation in the area of the ulcers, a gel shape of a gel can be used (see instructions for use). First, it is advisable to dry the mucous membrane at the place of applying the gel dry gauze swab, after which it is desirable to squeeze the gel on the finger and neat massaging movements to grasp the gel into the hells affected by herpes. Holovaal under stomatite is used 2-3 times a day, usually not more than 6-8 days. After applying, 30 minutes do not drink anything and is not.
In principle, such local therapy is quite enough. If you still have symptoms of intoxication - fever (38.0 and higher), muscle pain, malaise, then you can start taking nurofen or similar drugs. But it is not worth abuse of means of temperature, because Their reception reduces the production of its own interferons to combat bacteria and viruses.
With a severe flow of herpetic shape of stomatitis –
The basis for the treatment of severe recurrent form of herpetic stomatitis is antiviral drugs. They are particularly effective if you begin to receive them in the first 12 hours from the moment of the appearance of herpetic rashes. Moderate efficiency such means show if their reception begins from 12 to 72 hours from the moment the first symptoms appear. If more than 72 hours passed and / or herpetic bubbles have already burst - the preparations will not have a significant effect on the course of the disease.
one) Acyclovir (instructions for use) - acyclovir at stomatitis is effective in adults only in a dosage of 400 mg 5 times a day, within 5 days. The reception schemes where the dosage of only 200 mg is used - are ineffective, which is proven by clinical studies (source). It is important that the drug may generally be ineffective if you have not once taken it in the past. This is due to the development of herpes virus stability to acyclovir, which especially quickly occurs in patients with weakened immunity.
2) Preparation of Famciclovir (Famvir, Minker) - Take the drug only 1 day: 750 mg 2 times a day (the interval between receptions is 12 hours). This drug is the most efficient, but it has a high price.
3) The drug Valcyclovir (Valtarex, Valavir) - the duration of treatment is also only 1 day: the drug is accepted 2 times a day in 2000 mg (with an interval of 12 hours). The drug is less effective than the Famciclovir, but more is more effective than acyclovir.
Stomatitis is inflated or not - the herpetic shape of stomatitis is contagious until the epithelization of ulcerations on the mucous membrane. Therefore, at the time of treatment it is worth avoiding kisses, drink drinks from one bottle with someone or something from one spoon. For the treatment of rashes on lips and skin around the mouth, the cream of Phenyatil Penzivir may be required.
Stomatitis vaccination (Vitagerpavak vaccine) -
Maybe you will be surprised, but the vaccination from stomatitis exists (it is herpety form). The vaccine is called "Vitagerpavak", and she was tested by us. According to the instruction of the vaccine is intended for the prevention of recurrences of herpetic infections, which are caused by a virus of a simple herpes I and II types (i.e. HSV-1 and HSV-2). We have already written above that it is these types of herpes virus that are responsible for the development of herpetic stomatitis.
The primary course of treatment consists of 5 intradermal injections, which are carried out with an interval of 7 days. After 6 months, a re-vaccination course is assigned. What effect can you get? Our personal experience of the application of the vaccine showed that in a common herpes of patients who are often ill-suffering a virus (both herpes stomatitis, and with a frequent manifestation of herpes on the red border of the lips and the skin around the mouth) - the duration of periods between relapses increases by 2-3 times. Thus, the frequency of recurrences has decreased significantly.
Grafting from herpetic stomatitis (Vitagerpavak) -
Important :Unfortunately, there is one "but" - this vaccine has been very difficult for the last six months in pharmacies. In our opinion, this is due to the fact that the production facilities of the company "Vitafarma" (Russia) - were reoriented to the production of vaccine from coronavirus.
2. Chronic Aphtheasic Stomatitis -
Unlike the herpetic shape of stomatitis (in which the mucosa forms many ulcerations on the site of bursting herpetic bubbles) - with an aftenne stomatitis, only 1 ulcer with a diameter of up to 1.0 cm occurs, less often - an ulcer can be two or three. Most often, ulcers are formed from the inside of the lips, cheeks, less often - on the soft sky, almonds, surface of the language.
If you look at the photo below, then notice that ulcers (synonym - AFTU) are surrounded by a bright red rim of the inflamed mucous membrane, and they themselves are covered with a grayish-yellowish necrotic bloom. Most often ulcers are painful when touching them, the pain also increases while drinking and eating. The duration of the light form of aphthous stomatitis is usually up to 10 days (less often up to 14 days), the healing speed depends on the size of the ulcer.
Aphtose Stomatitis: Photo
Aphthosal Stomatitis - symptoms and treatment in adults will depend on the severity of clinical manifestations. The light shape of the aphthous stomatitis involves the formation of one or more ulcers with a diameter of up to 1 cm, slightly painful, which fully heal up to 10-14 days without scarring the mucous membrane. Heavy forms may assume a diameter of ulcers to 2-3 cm, pronounced pain, healing up to 6 weeks with the formation of scars on the mucous membrane.
General symptoms - The general condition is usually disturbed rarely, but weakness and low temperature may be present. Usually, in front of the formation of ulcers, patients can feel discomfort, itching or burning in the mucous membrane. The ulcers can be very painful, so that patients on sharp pain can be published on the fore (the occurrence of pain can stimulate the contact of the ulcers with water, food, the movement of the tongue, during the cleaning of the teeth).
Causes of this form of stomatitis -
Aphtose stomatitis causes an occurrence in adults can be divided into local and common. In most cases, the local causes (affecting directly in the oral cavity) are the cause of the aphtheasic stomatitis -
- Allergy to various components of hygiene (most often - on sodium lauryl sulfate *),
- Food allergies and medicines,
- Mechanical injury of the mucous membrane (teeth oxidation, injury to solid food or sharp edge of the seal / prosthesis),
- Pathogenic bacteria oral cavity,
- High concentration of nitrates in products and drinking water.
* Important : The role of sodium lauryl sulfate as part of the components of the dental paste to the development of aphtheasic stomatitis - was first revealed in a clinical study published in the "Oral Diseases" medical journal (Jurge S, Kuffer R, Scully C, Porther SR. 2006).
Common causes of development - hormonal changes in the period of menstruation in women, with a sharp cessation of smoking, with hematological diseases and a lack of folic acid, vitamins B6 and B12, with diseases of the gastrointestinal diseases, enteropathy and malabsorption, with diseases of the immune system, against the background of the becher's becher syndrome and syndrome, With a systemic red lupus, reactive arthritis, with Crohn's disease, as well as on HIV background.
How to cure a thomatitis -
As you saw above - the cause of the thomatitis can be a lot of factors, and therefore it is very difficult to determine the specific reason for its occurrence of each patient. Regardless of the severity of the disease Immediately after the detection of the ulcers, it is necessary to exclude allergenic products (honey, chocolate, strawberry, citrus, nuts, eggs), as well as sharp, spicy and coarse food. It is also necessary to exclude acidic products (tomatoes, pineapples), fruit juices, carbonated drinks and wine.
Aphtose Stomatitis can develop as an allergic reaction to medicines, so if you take any drugs, then you need to consider and consult with your doctor for cancellation of the drug or its replacement to another drug. It is also necessary to check whether the sodium lauryl sulfate is present in your dental paste, and go to the toothpaste without this component. To identify the remaining reasons, it will be necessary to inspect and consult a dentist.
Treatment of light forms of aphthous stomatitis -
If you have decided to treat stomatitis at home, then from the very beginning it makes sense to start receiving antiallergic (antihistamine) drugs, the choice of which in the pharmacy is quite wide enough, the course is 10 days. Against the background of taking antihistamine funds, the use of local antiseptic, painkillers and anti-inflammatory means is shown ...
one) Antiseptic rinsing - very often the cause of thomatitis can be certain types of pathogenic bacteria, therefore the course of antiseptic rinsing is required. It is best for adults to use 0.05% chlorhexidine solution for this, and even better - the "Perio-Aid" rinser with a content of two antiseptics (chlorhexidine 0.12% and cetylpyridine 0.05%). Rinse 2-3 times a day for 1 minute, course 10 days.
2) Anesthesize and relieve inflammation - Ulcers with aftenne stomatitis can be very painful and also located on the inflamed mucous membrane. The optimal medicine from stomatitis, which allows you to immediately and reduce the pain, and remove inflammation is the drug holisal in the form of a gel. Before applying ulzes, you need to dry dry gauze tampon, squeeze the gel on the finger and cautious massaging movements to the surface of the ulcers. Scheme - 2-3 times a day, only 5-8 days (until the sacrificance of pain and inflammation, and then better go to epithelials).
Alternatively, the holisal can be used - balsam Stomatofit-A with anesthesia, which is applied using a cotton stick directly to ulcers, or means from a group of gastroprotectors based on bismuth subsalicylate. The latter can be used in the form of chewing tablets or suspension. On the surface of the ulcer, bismuth subsalicylate creates an immemorated protective film, which provides both an anesthetic effect and reduces inflammation in the depth of ulcers.
Important: The best preparation for the treatment of the Aphthodes form of Stomatitis is AMLEXANOX (trade name - aphthasol). It is produced in the form of a paste for applying an AFT to the surface 4 times a day, and has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and immunomodulating effects. In Russia, it is not for sale, but it can be bought in Europe or the United States according to an official recipe, even if discharged in Russia.
3) Epitelizing agents - After a sacrament of pain and inflammation, optimally go to the means that accelerate the epithelization of ulcerations. To such means, it is possible to attribute the drug solkozeryl in the form of a gel. Solk sector at stomatitis is applied 2-3 times a day (on the surface of the ulcer dried by dry gauze tampon), up to their full epithelization. The drug has a moderate painkillery effect. Keep in mind that such drugs can only be used when the active phase of inflammation is over.
four) Local use of laser "If you are interested in how to cure stomatitis very quickly, a laser or UFO will help you. For example, instantly reduce pain and to accelerate the healing of ulcers can be accelerated several times with their single treatment with a diode laser (with a long wave 940 Nm), as well as using Nd: YAG laser.
Clinical studies have shown that AFTs of small sizes after treatment with a laser healed much faster (only about 3-4 days) - versus 7-14 days after standard local medication therapy. To a lesser extent, it allows you to achieve ultraviolet irradiation (UVO) ulcers in the oral cavity, which is carried out in physicate in the direction of the dentist.
Aphtose stomatitis in language: photo before and after processing with a laser
Treatment of the aphtheasic stomatitis of severe
Approximately 10-15% of patients, the thomatitis thomatitis is very difficult, with the formation of extensive deep ulcers with a diameter of 1.0 to 2-3 cm, which react little to traditional local treatment with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory drugs. Especially often, difficult course arises against the background of systemic diseases - immune, hematological, diseases of the tract, etc.
In such cases, there are preparations of the second line of defense that allow you to cope even with severe flashes of aphocent stomatitis, but they will have more pronounced side effects. For example, for local therapy in this case, single injections of glucocorticoids can be used into the base of each ulcer, or rinsing the oral cavity with solutions that are prepared on the basis of glucocorticoid solutions in ampoules (most often -Trixinolone acetonide).
But the main thing remains the systemic pharmacological treatment with tableted drugs of the following groups. Firstly, these are tableted glucocorticoids of the prednisolone type, and secondly are drugs of a group of immunomodulators (mainly with an immunosuppressive action).
Important :Unfortunately, in one article, we cannot bring all the details of the treatment of stomatitis at once, so about systemic preparations in the treatment of severe thomatitis - read in the article: → Treatment schemes of the aphtheasic stomatitis
3. Journal-necrotic stomatitis of Vensen -
This disease of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, which most often occurs against the background of unsatisfactory oral hygiene. As a result of this, a large amount of solid dental sediments and a soft microbial plaque is determined in the oral cavity. An increase in the number of pathogenic bacteria as fuzobacteria and spirochetes - leads to the development of the necrosis of the mucous membrane. Convals the development of this form of stomatitis reduced immunity, transferred by ARVI and smoking.
Georns necrotic stomatitis in adults: photo
Symptoms of ulcer necrotic stomatitis –
At the beginning of the disease - general well-being deteriorates, weakness, headache appear, the temperature rises to 37.5. In the oral cavity there are bleeding of gums, dryness of the mucous membrane. In the midst of the disease - the general condition deteriorates, the temperature increases to 40 degrees, and in the oral cavity there is a rotten smell, a pronounced bleeding of gums, abundant saliva selection.
With the slightest touch to the foci of inflammation, sharp pain arise, in connection with which the eating and oral hygiene becomes simply impossible. Also during this period, the ulceration and necrosis of the seminal papillary begins. Uncrolized papillas and mucosa are covered with a densely luminous light gray raid, consisting of a large amount of infection and necrotic tissues. The process can gradually capture the adjacent sections of the mucous membrane.
How to cure Stomatitis Vensena -
The treatment of stomatitis of Wensena needs to be carried out only by the doctor, otherwise you can get a massive necrosis of the gums and the dental of the roots of the teeth. The doctor under anesthesia will remove obstructed tissues, microbial plates and solid dental deposits. After that, the mucosa is treated with antiseptics and anti-inflammatory gel. Without removal of necrosis from the surface of the mucosa, the treatment will be ineffective and will lead to chronic process.
Appointments of the doctor –
- Systemic pharmacological treatment - The most important thing is to be prescribed a combination of antibiotics: amoxiclav (tab.) + Metronidazole (Tab.), Or clafranoran in injections + metronidazole (tab.) - Course 10 days. In parallel, strong antihistamines such as Supratine type for 10 days are prescribed. Thirdly - as needed antipyretic / pain relief preparations (it can be nourofen or similar drugs from the NSAID group).
- Antiseptic rinsing - a solution of chlorhexidine 0.05% 3 times a day to 1 minute (only 10-12 days), but it is best - a stronger antiseptic "Perio-AID" antiseptic rinser containing 0.12% chlorhexidine and 0.05% cetylpyridine. Chlorhexidine at stomatitis of bacterial origin - is the best version of the antiseptic (for example, it will be much more efficient to Mirisma).
- Appliques of anti-inflammatory gel - Treatment with gel holisal is carried out immediately after rinsing, it is desirable to dry the gauze tampon before processing the mucous membrane. The gel is applied to the edge gums around the teeth, the gum papies and all the plots of mucous membrane. Scheme - 3 times a day, 10-12 days (immediately after antiseptic rinse).
4. Prosthetic Stomatitis -
If you use a removable prosthesis and you periodically arise stomatitis flashes - it can be interrelated. With prosthetic stomatitis, it usually arises only redness of the mucous membrane floor with a prosthesis (i.e. in the field of prosthetic bed). The formation of ulcers and necrosis is usually not typical, but perhaps, and, as a rule, this happens more often with the toxic-allergic form of prosthetic stomatitis, which develops with an overpressure of the monomer in the plastic of a dental prosthesis (Fig.23).
Allergic prosthetic stomatitis: photo
Allergic prosthetic stomatitis -
Allergic prosthetic stomatitis is a toxic-allergic reaction to an excess of one of the components of the plastic - monomer. Moreover, the allergies to the monomer, as such, is generally extremely rare. Much more often, such a patient's reaction to the plastics appears due to the incompetence of a dental technique, which does not comply with the proportions of the ingredients from which plastic is made (24stoma.ru).
If the technician poured a monomer more than necessary, then be sure that you will get such a toxico-allergic reaction. Moreover, redness of the mucosa can be not only under the prosthesis, but also on any other section of the mucous membrane (for example, cheeks, lips, language), which come into contact with the plastic of the dental prosthesis. However, in dental clinics, so as not to redo the prosthesis - you will certainly be convinced that it is your body here that is your body, and your allergy.
Allergies to dentures: What to do is usually (in 95% of cases), replacing a poor-quality prosthesis on a monomer made without surplus - completely solves the problem. Of course, the clinic must redo the prosthesis at his own expense. If the clinic refuses - you can conduct an independent examination of the prosthesis for the content of the monomer (you will be prompted, where it can be done in the society of consumer rights protection).
Bacterial prosthetic stomatitis -
Bacterial prosthetic stomatitis occurs in cases of unsatisfactory hygienic care of prostheses, when a lot of microbial plates and a tartar accumulate on the surface of the prosthesis. Such prostheses are usually quite unpleasant. Remember that prostheses (like teeth) need to be cleaned after each meal, but in no way cannot be made by ordinary toothpaste or powder.
If the microbial field is not removed from the prosthesis regularly, it occurs on it a denselyant bacterial film. It is impossible to scrape it yourself, because The use of abrasive agents scratches the prosthesis, which will cause even faster bacteria and nutritional residues on it. How to get rid of stomatitis in this case - at home it is possible to clean the prosthesis only with the help of special disinfection tools (see reference below), or in an ultrasonic bath. You can also turn to the dental clinic for this, where you will be cleaned and polished.
→ Cleaning and disinfection of the prosthesis at home
Medical treatment of mucosa under prosthesis - After cleaning the prosthesis, you will need a course of antiseptic rinsing chlorhexidine 0.05% (2-3 times a day) and processing the mucous membrane under the prosthesis of holoval gel (2 times a day). Moreover, it will be better if you apply the gel with a thin layer not on the mucous membrane, but on the entire inner surface of the prosthesis and put on it. The course of treatment is usually 10 days. But remember that the treatment will not be effective if you do not make the disinfection of the prosthesis.
Treatment of Stomatitis by folk remedies -
To cure stomatitis quickly - it is necessary, firstly, to put the correct diagnosis (to determine the form of stomatitis), and secondly - to apply the right drugs, the exhaustive list of which we provided above. However, very many patients are trying to use their usual tool from stomatitis in the mouth of the type of blue, vinyline or oxolin oxoline. As far as efficiently, read below.
- Sinka from Stomatitis - Xinka (dye methylene blue) during stomatite was used 20 years ago, now does not apply. The dye has a weak antiseptic effect, so weak that the use of it is meaningless with any form of stomatitis.
- Ointment from Stomatitis in the mouth - oxolin ointment really possesses a weak antiviral action, but to help from herpetic stomatitis, she will not be able to help. Firstly, it is generally ineffective with herpes virus, secondly - oil forms are generally ineffective on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, because Fat substances are not fixed on a damp mucosa and are quickly swallowed (therefore, it is necessary to use drugs in the form of gels).
- Vinyline during stomatite is an enveloping, epithelisional agent in erosive-ulcerative lesions of the skin and mucous membrane. In the form of ointments is extremely ineffective. There is a form of vinyline in the form of an aerosol - "vinexol" (it is preferable). Visal can indeed be used in the treatment of aphtheasic stomatitis, starting with 5-6 days of the disease, to accelerate the epithelization of the mucous membrane.
- Sodium Tetraborate with stomatitis - has an exclusively anti-haircut action. And here the stomatitis is not entirely clear.
- Iodinol during stomatitis - has a weak antiseptic effect. Application in stomatitis is impractical. It has an irritant action on the mucous membrane.
- Antibiotics during stomatitis are effective only for the treatment of ulcer-necrotic stomatitis of Wenzan. Use with herpetic and aphthose stomatitis - meaningless.
Remember that with frequent recurrences of stomatitis or severe clinical manifestation - it is worth consulting a doctor, if necessary, pass a complete blood test, examine the immune system, etc. Frequent flashes of stomatitis can talk about serious not yet identified chronic diseases of the body. We hope that the article on the topic: Stomatitis treatment at home quickly - it turned out to be useful to you!
1. Add. Vocational education of the author in periodontology, 2. Based on the personal experience of the work by a periodontalist, 3. National Library of Medicine (USA), 4. "Diseases of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity" (Danilevsky N.), 5. "Diseases of the mucous membrane of the mouth and lips "(Bork K.).
The text is presented solely for informational purposes. We urge not to engage in self-medication. When the first symptoms appear - contact your doctor. Recommended reading: "Why not do self-medication?
Stomatitis - the formation of foci of inflammation and ulcers in the oral cavity is accompanied by a feeling of burning and pain. This is a common problem that is also found in adults and in children. Often, pregnant women suffer from her. Without adequate treatment, stomatitis leads to a decrease in immunity, general intoxication, fever. Therefore, it is important in time to recognize and cure.
Types of illness
Stomatitis is translated from Greek as "mouth", such a name has received the disease due to location site. In the general classification of disease, it was assigned the Code of the ICD10 - K12. A distinctive feature is the formation of bright inflamed spots on the mucous membrane, most often on lips, cheeks, gums. Sometimes such symptoms appear on the genitals, hands and legs. Nature and the causes of such a phenomenon have not yet been studied. However, it is precisely known that stomatitis has several forms and various factors affect its appearance. The consequence of such a disease will be pain during eating and conversation, an unpleasant smell of mouth, sometimes an increase in temperature.
Stomatitis meets at any age, from infants to the elderly. Depending on the causative agent, the disease proceeds in different ways and is localized in different places.
Allergic stomatitis develops when the organism is replied to the action of allergens. It can be a medicinal, microbial or food allergies.
Also, the symptoms of this illness are manifested with local infectious or systemic autoimmune diseases. It is manifested in different ways, depending on which factor caused the outbreak. Symptoms occur if the allergen fell into the body or simply in contact with the mucous membrane of the mouth. Often this form of stomatitis is observed in people with removable dentures, crowns, fillings. At the same time, any field of mouth is affected against the background of an allergic reaction: the inner and outer side of the lips, cheeks, tongue, gums. In rare cases, inflammation happens on almonds, side rollers, soft sky, the rear wall of the throat.
- dry mouth;
- The effect of "varnished language";
- Education of single or multiple ulcers;
- swelling of the mucous membrane;
The type of symptoms is determined by the type of allergic stomatitis and the stage of the disease. As part of an allergic form, catarrhal stomatitis, ulcerative, drug, catarrhal-hemorrhagic distinguish. All of them are investigated separately, although the reason they have a single - the response of the body to the allergen. This form is more often found in adults, children are quite rare. At the moment of diagnosis, it is important to distinguish an allergic form from others, as they differ from them. This type is eliminated by the appointment of antihistamine antiseptic preparations for the oral cavity. It is possible to use GKS.
This type of disease is accompanied by inflammation of the mucous membranes and the formation of erosions, which are called "AFTs". The mucous membrane blues, sometimes zudit and swells, against the background of such hyperemia, AFTs are formed - yellowish formations covered with fibrous fabric. We also increase the submandibular lymph nodes and the temperature increases, the patient is experiencing pain when swallowing and conversation. The reason for the phenomenon is still studied, studies show the relationship between outbreaks of the disease and the work of the immune system. Presumably the immune system does not recognize some elements in the composition of saliva and attack them. Also the trigger is allergic to products, mechanical damage, strong psychological shock. Despite the similarity of pathogenesis with other forms, the aphodous stomatitis differs in symptoms.
Erosions are formed against the background of inflamed redness mucous membranes, localized most often on the side surface of the language, inside the folds and near them, on the upper and lower lip, in the duct of the salivary glands. AFTs are formed over several days, then heal from 2 to 4 weeks. With correct treatment, the symptoms take place within a week. Without proper therapy, the situation is sometimes exacerbated by the emergence of new ulcers, union into extensive zones, strong swelling of the oral cavity. Women during menstruation comes new outbreaks, but during pregnancy, such a form of stomatitis is more often regressing. Most often, such a form is observed in young people, the tendency to it is inherited.
External manifestations, herpetic form very much resembles aphosal stomatitis. However, they differ in the course of the disease and its reason. The herpesy - caused by the reproduction of the virus of a simple herpes. If this virus is present in the body, the intention of unpleasant circumstances causes the outbreak of stomatitis. Thus, redness and erosion in the mouth appear with a reduced immunite, against the background of ORVI or influenza, blood diseases, from supercooling, antibiotic treatment.
- redness of individual sections of the oral cavity;
- The accumulation of erosions covered with light soft crusts;
- lack of appetite;
- Pain and itching in the area of erosion.
Unlike the apes, in the herpetic form of erosion, they are formed quickly and pass on their own after 5-7 days. The rashes are localized more often on the outer and inside of the lips, in the sky, the mucous membrane of the cheek. Also, in rare cases, the symptoms cause a type of type 2, a virus of sexher herpes. At the same time, the same redness, itching and erosion is observed on the penis of men and boys, on large and small sexual lips in women and girls. In women, when defeated by sex herpes, the virus often affects the cervix. Such types of stomatitis should be treated with the doctor.
With a reduced immunite and the absence of treatment, stomatitis acquires a recurrent nature. New AFTS appear even before the previous, individual foci of inflammation is combined and formed a single ulcer. The herpetic form is observed with the same frequency in adults and children, often manifests in infants. The child has a disease manifestation consist in permanent flow racing, the appearance of many small rashes. In case of severe disease, the temperature rises to 40 degrees, the rash appears on the face, the nasal mucosa, on the eyelids, the skin of the hands. With this form, infants are hospitalized. Herpety stomatitis is contagious, transmitted from a sick person to healthy with contacts and air-droplets.
Catarial form proceeds without the formation of ulcers and AFT, in contrast to other types of disease. At the same time, the mucous membrane of the oral cavity is inflamed and swells, its covering of redness, a feeling of burning and pain appears. This form relates to the most common, is equally common in women and men, in children. The main causes of this phenomenon are called the presence of the following circumstances:
- decrease in immunity;
- bad oral hygiene;
- Damage to the mucous membrane.
This situation is developing if the patient has caries, systemic diseases, poor-quality or old seals, removable prostheses. Also using too rigid toothbrush, toothpaste or sodium sodium sulfate rinse can provoke an outbreak. Inflammation appears more often on the cheeks and the inner side of the lips, it seems that the lips and cheeks are swollen, although there are no external changes. Lymphatic nodes are not inflamed, the temperature rises only when the forms are running. The focus with a white bloom appears only in the place of damage to the mucous membrane.
Catarial stomatitis is diagnosed in children and adults, flows the same in the first, and in the second case. When complying with the rules of hygiene, symptoms are held during the week, the child holds up to 2 weeks. If the patient is not treated, and the mucosa is constantly damaged, for example, from braces, this can lead to the development of a peptic necrotic form.
Separate yasers are formed when the mucous membrane is injured, such erosions are covered with a light chain, hurt. Traumatic stomatitis is not transmitted, but it appears very often in healthy people. The reason for him is one - damage to the mucous membrane, it may be a burn too hot food or beverages, a bite wound, random damage to outsiders. Often, such a form of the disease is observed with incorrectly installed braces, prostheses and fillings, after removal of the tooth of wisdom. A broken tooth can constantly injure the cheek or language, which also leads to the formation of a wound.
A healthy and strong body quickly copes with such a problem, the wound heals within 2-3 days without traces. However, on the background of weak immunity or chronic diseases, such a injury turns into erosion, which does not heal and hurts for a long time. The situation aggravates the wrong teeth care. Traumatic stomatitis is treated by eliminating the causes of damage and antiseptic drugs for the oral cavity. Since it is very simple to hurt a soft fabric, such a form of illness is more common in young children when teething. Also from one year old, when the child "tries" everything is tastefully, which falls into hand.
Vesicular stomatitis is a kind of enterovirus infection, caused by the action of the virus. From the penetration into the body, the characteristic rash appears on the mucous membrane and the examination at the brushes and footsteps. Also, rash sometimes covers genitals and buttocks. Infection occurs with fecal-oral or air-drip paths. Source of infection - a sick person or carrier.
The risk group includes children under 10 years old. After entering the body of the causative agent, weakness begins, a slight rise in temperature, headache. During the week in the mouth and on other parts of the body, flat rashes appear, which in a few days are transformed into bubbles - vesiculas. The rash in children almost never stops, adults are accompanied by itching, sometimes very strong. Specific treatment is not required, patients are necessarily isolated, eliminate symptoms using painkillers, antihistamines and personal hygiene. In most cases, persistent immunity to enterovirus vesicular stomatitis is formed. However, this does not protect it from other types of stomatitis.
It is considered the most severe form of the disease, as it leads to strong focal destruction of the mucous membrane. It is manifested in the form of single ulcers or their clusters covered with light raid. The disease at the first stage is similar to the catarrhal type: the mucosa swells, blushes, hurts. After that, under the tongue, at the tip of the tongue, rounded ulcers appear on the cheeks and gums, which are very hurt. In some cases, such foci of inflammation combine, forming a greater painful ulcer.
In this case, the patient cannot chew food, it feels pain during conversation and swallowing.
The ulcerative stomatitis is found as an independent disease, but it may be the consequence of the other forms of stomatitis running other forms. Also, the risk of the appearance of ulcers is raised in patients with:
- missile problems;
- blood diseases;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
In some cases, the cause of the disease is a combination of bacteria: spirochet of the venasan and the fusiform stick. In the infectious nature of the disease, severe symptoms are developing, inflammation rapidly increases, a large number of deep erosions are formed with almy edges, a shell of ulcers bleed. The patient has a rotten smell of mouth, saliva becomes viscous, in the launched wounds are covered with a gray-green chain.
Chronic form leads to loss of teeth and periodic relapses, general intoxication, so it is important to cure the disease on time. Light forms of the disease are treated with antiseptics and hygiene, heavy - require serious integrated therapy. Self-medication only worsens the situation and increases the risk of transition to a chronic form. The ulcer-necrotic type of stomatitis is most often found in young men and people of old age.
Angular shape of the disease is characterized by the formation of cracks, wound and bubbles in the corners of the mouth. In contrast to other species, this does not affect the inner part of the mouth, but is localized on the outdoor part. When forming the Russian Academy of Sciences and erosion, a person experiences pain when talking, yawning, food reception. The disease is caused by the action of fungi and streptococci. Among the factors that contribute to the development of the ailment:
- lack of vitamins, mainly with and in;
- Low immunity;
- Diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- bad habits;
- Reception of hormonal drugs.
A splash of the disease occurs more often in the spring when the body is experiencing a lack of useful substances. As part of this form, candidal type and streptococcal are distinguished. The first is caused by the effect of yeast-like fungi, which cause candidiasis and thrush. With such a variety of illness in the corners of the mouth, cracks appear, redness with a cotton white raid. Streptococcal is distinguished by the fact that in the same places small bubbles with liquid are formed. This form is more often observed in small children, rarely in adolescents. Also, newborns are infected with candida when passing through labor pathways in natural childbirth. Adults more often encounters streptococcal type.
In addition to the considered varieties of the disease, less common forms are distinguished. For example, gangrenous stomatitis refers to the category of gangrenes and is accompanied by a strong decay of soft tissues near the jaw zone. An atrophic type was derived in a separate classification, which is caused by the usual lack of vitamins, is accompanied by the appearance of papillom.
What provokes Stomatitis
Stomatitis is divided into forms, each of which provokes a separate reason. They do not have a single trigger, but scientists know the conditions in which the risk of illness is increased. It is a confluence of circumstances as low immunity, poor hygiene and causative agent. A variety of microorganisms can be the pathogen, they are divided into:
- Virals: a variety of herpes simplex virus, coke virus, enterovirus 71, etc.;
- general general;
- Microbials: Candida, Streptococcus.
The damage to the mucous membrane can be an independent illness and secondary, as a manifestation of other pathogenic changes in the body. For example, the appearance of ulcers can say that there is something wrong in the body: impaired blood circulation, poor digestion, lack of vitamins, diabetes, and so on. Thus, the body gives a signal about the impaired health. Therefore, when contacting the doctor, a specialist appoints a number of surveys to establish the nature of the disease: primary stomatitis in a patient or secondary. The body relaxed by chronic illness more often suffers from stomatitis flashes.
Therefore, systematic pathologies are also the reason for it.
Reduced immunity is among the "favorable" factors for the development of erosions, so people with improper nutrition and harmful habits increase the risk of infection. For the same reason, the inflammation of the mucosa is often after taking hormonal drugs, antibiotics, chemotherapy. Considering the ways of transfer, a direct cause of stomatitis is a contact with the patient, if the latter disease is caused by viruses, fungi or bacteria. Personal hygiene plays an important role, for example, the traumatic type happens almost every one, but in the real problem he passes only in those who are poorly monitoring the health of the teeth.
Clinical picture of the disease
A set of symptoms and the appearance of erosions, if any, serve as one of the main factors for which the doctor distinguishes one form of illness from another. This is important for the choice of faithful treatment tactics. For example, to eliminate allergic forms you need antihistamines, and antibiotics are not always needed. At the same time, the ulcerative type is very similar to the type of allergic, but necessarily requires the appointment of antibiotics. Therefore, it is so important to distinguish between the stages and symptoms of the disease.
All varieties of illness have a common feature - inflammation of the mucous membrane and the appearance of erosive sites. These areas are usually with smooth edges, oval or round form. Under the purulent eurosia formations are uneven, deep, covered with yellow or gray raid. If the disease is caused by the action of microbes, viruses or fungi, a few days before the onset of explicit signs, a person is experiencing:
- ailment and weakness;
- elevated temperature, from low deviations to fever;
- nausea and lack of appetite, when infected with vesicular type, it is often vomiting;
- Dry mouth.
Each type of illness includes its features of inflammation. So, with allergic forms, erosion appears with a moderate sensation of pain covered with a white bloom. At the same time, before the onset of visible symptoms, a person does not feel ailments. The ulcer-necrotic type is distinguished by strong pain, deep and extensive erosions surrounded by inflamed mucous membranes. The herpetiform type is also distinguished, in which a large number of small bubbles appear under the tongue. Also, the appearance of ulcers on the genital organs, buttocks, hands and legs can also talk about stomatitis. Differentiate this rash from others can only specialist: a dermatologist, a venereologist.
Infection in infectors and children up to 2 years of age is accompanied by diarrhea, temperature surges, refusal to eat. Older children become sluggish and sonlies, adolescent symptoms are the same as in adults.
Visual signs of babies and adults are also no different.
Stages of the disease
If the disease is caused by the action of pathogenic microorganisms, the first symptoms can resemble a cold: temperature, weakness, no appetite. In this case, this is considered the first stage. The incubation period lasts from 3 to 7 days, at this time visual changes are not observed. After that:
- There is a common stage with all kinds of disease - redness of the mucous membrane, it becomes shiny and dry.
- After 1-2 days in the language and the sky, a white bloom without formation of erosion appears.
- Then the wounds and ulcers appear in some sections.
Alone, such symptoms pass quite quickly, within 1-2 weeks. The situation worsens in non-compliance with the hygiene and the damage to the mucous membrane. As a rule, after healing, there are no traces. The exception is a peptic-necrotic form, in which deep erosion gradually makes up and leaves a trace, in a severe situation, the patient may lose the tooth from the destruction of the gums.
Diagnosis of Stomatitis
The clinical picture is played in the diagnosis of a crucial role. The doctor primarily examines the history of the disease, it may be necessary for stomatitis in the form of a chronic illness. Then the specialist necessarily examines the patient, evaluates the amount, size and shape of the rash. The type of rash is also important, they can wear purulent character, be empty or filled with transparent liquid. In order to accurately understand the nature of the rash, assays are assigned:
- scraping from the surface of the ulcer;
- saliva fence;
- Common and biochemical blood test.
However, specific tests for identifying stomatitis so far not found. Doctors make a conclusion, based on the appearance of the rash, patient complaints, recurrence frequencies. In most cases, the appearance of ulcers in the mouth is associated with systematic pathologies or disadvantages of vitamins.
What is dangerous stomatitis
Most of the people who have suffered stomatitis do not even know the name and the cause of the illness. This is due to the fact that the disease passes quickly and does not lead to severe consequences. At first stages there is discomfort from pain, itching and unpleasant odor in the mouth. However, after wound healing, these symptoms pass. Therefore, in most cases, the forecast is favorable. The danger threatens with highly reduced immunity or chronic diseases. In this case, simple stomatitis can move in heavier forms, for example, in a thoughtical or peptic, which are heavier and longer.
Complications are in the absence of treatment and launched forms. On soft tissues in the mouth are formed deep erosion with pus, when the blood is infected with the general intoxication of the body. This is fraught with strong fever, failures in the work of vital systems. After healing of extensive and deep AFCs on soft tissues, the scar remains, as a result, part of the tooth can be broken, periodontitis is formed, the tooth falls out. However, severe negative consequences are extremely rare, as a rule, in people with a diligent lifestyle or with strong health disorders: AIDS, hepatitis, very low blood coagulation, hemophilia, and so on.
How to treat
Today, there are many ways to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of stomatitis, but there is no single medication yet. Treatment is aimed at getting rid of signs and related symptoms. All therapy methods are divided into home treatment and medical care. The doctor after inspection determines the form of the disease, based on this:
- Preparations for treating an ulcer. These are pastes and ointments to apply to the surface of the ulcers, such funds have antibacterial and anesthetics. The patient independently inflicts them on the affected area, from which the wounds cease to hurt, hesitate faster and do not progress. With viral nature, antivirus ointments are prescribed: oxoline, bonafon, interferon.
- Tablets are prescribed in the bacterial and fungal nature of the disease. Also reduce the frequency of the formation of ulcers can take drugs from the main disease, if stomatitis is its consequence. In this case, tablets and injections are prescribed to eliminate or facilitate chronic pathologies. Often treatment requires antihistamine reception if there is suspicion of an allergic reaction.
- Vitamins are prescribed after testing. The common effect is observed from the reception of polyvitamins with the components of the group B and C.
Also, the doctor may prescribe treatment at home. A good effect is allowed by chalfts, chamomile, hunter. Reviews allocate decoction from oak bark, which is used as a means for rinsing the mouth. If the outbreaks occur very often, self-medication is dangerous. The treatment tactics is particularly selected, if a woman is sick in the early periods of pregnancy, a chest baby or a nursing mother. With such a disease, patients do not hospitalize, the doctor gives recommendations and a list of drugs to the house. The duration of therapy depends on the type of illness, it takes 2 weeks with light shapes, and 1-3 months in severe cases.
How to warn
It is important to carry out prevention and those who have already had such outbreaks, and those who have never come across them. It may appear at any age, so warning methods better know each. The prevention rules include thorough hygiene, this applies not only to the care of the oral cavity, but also clean hands, bed and clothing. In case of accidental damage to soft tissues of the mouth, it is necessary to rinse the mouth with an antiseptic effect. When choosing a paste and a rinse for teeth, it is better to give preference to the compositions without sodium lauryl sulfate. This substance is added to foaming the cargoing agents, however, it cuts the mucous membrane and reduces its ability to resist harmful microorganisms.
Toothbrush is better to choose with medium rigidity. Too soft insufficiently clean your teeth, which is why the raid appears and the risk of injury and infection increases. Too tough brushes themselves injury gums. A little more difficult to warn such a problem in young children. In infants more often develops a candidal or herpetic appearance, the baby is difficult to protect it quite difficult enough, since the immune system has a weak and any damage to the tissues or the introduction of pathogens will lead to the disease. Parents are recommended to thoroughly wash the child, follow the purity of his linen and clothing, keep their own hygiene.
For children of one year old and older, traumatic stomatitis is a frequent phenomenon. Parents are enough to ensure that the kid takes the mouth. Given the difficulty of fulfilling this condition, parents must check the condition of the child's oral cavity. Also for prevention and treatment has a diet value.
The text is designed exclusively for familiarization. We urge not to use diet, do not resort to any medicinal menu and starvation unattended by doctors. Recommended reading: "Why you can not sit on your own diet
Power in painful ulcers in the mouth plays an important role. When drawing up diet orient on the proper preparation and processing of products, theirCalorie
and nutritional. The inflamed mucosa is sharply reacting to too hot and cold food, and when the patient's inflammation is aggravated, it cannot eat at all. The principle of nutrition is made individually, based on the stage and type of illness. But there are general rules for making a menu during stomatitis.
- spices and seasonings;
- sour and acute food;
- Too hot and cold;
- Raw products, especially vegetables and fruits;
- alcohol and nicotine;
- cocoa and coffee;
- Dry bakery products.
Additional exceptions can be with accompanying pathologies, for example, rapid carbohydrates are excluded during diabetes mellitus. Power should be highly eligible, contain many beneficial substances to increase immunity. Be sure all the products are thoroughly crushed in order not to injure the mucous membrane. Meat and fish dishes are passed through the meat grinder twice, the rest of the products should also be in the form of a liquid puree, souffle, soups.
In case of painful and deep ulcers, only liquid food is recommended that the patient can take through the tube. At the time of exacerbation of the inflammatory process, the appetite often disappears, but the patient is important to maintain the body to combat the ailment. Also for quick recovery, non-acidic fresh juices are useful:
After each meal, it is necessary to rinse the mouth to the tool, which appointed a doctor or decoction of herbs. During the treatment period, liquid or rubbed porridge are useful: Manka, oatmeal, rice. To maintain digestion and immunity, it is recommended to eat dairy products: cottage cheese, yogurt without additives, kefir, ion.
After recovery, it is important to maintain the principle of useful and vitaminized nutrition, which will serve as additional prevention.
Can I be vaccinated during stomatitis
Stomatitis is a sure sign that immunity is weak. Vaccinations are carried out only against the background of a strong, healthy organism. Many doctors, even pediatricians, do not consider stomatitis contraindications for vaccination. However, to protect and insurance for vaccination, it is worth going a week after recovery, especially if we are talking about a child.
Is it possible to go to the garden with stomatitis
First of all, you need to accurately establish that the child has stomatitis. Make it can only dentist. If the diagnosis is confirmed, the child must stay at home and undergo treatment. In kindergarten such a disease, especially infectious nature, is rapidly transmitted through objects (dishes, toys).
An illive child can infect healthy, also with a weakened immunite, the same child can easily "pick up" any other disease from other children. Therefore, during stomatitis in the garden of a child cannot be led.
Whether sick leave in stomatitis
Hospital with stomatitis gives if a person cannot fulfill his duties or threatens the health of other people, such as flight attendants, educators, catering workers and so on. It also depends on the degree of illness.
If a patient has a light shape and it can perform his work without risks for others, the hospital is not issued. In severe patient forms, they are even defined in the hospital, for example, with a peptic necrotic type.
Velvikova Nina Vladislavovna
Specialty: infectious, gastroenterologist, pulmonologist .
Common experience: 35 years .
Education: 1975-1982, 1mmi, San Gig, Higher Qualification, Infectious Physics .
Academic degree: Higher Phone, Candidate of Medical Sciences.
- Infectious diseases.
- Parasitic diseases.
- Urgent states.
We will be grateful if you use the buttons:
What is the treatment of stomatitis at home?
The main task of the patient is a regular rehabilitation of the oral cavity in order to further eliminate the foci of inflammation. The next very important task is to strengthen the immune system, including with the help of a special diet.
- Antiseptic rinsings that need to be carried out regularly 5-6 times a day. For rinsing, it is recommended to make a chamomile decoction: 1 tablespoon is poured with 500 ml of boiling water, boils on a slow heat for 10 minutes, flickering. The cooled remedy can be used during the day, as needed to prepare fresh decoction. Also effective as an antiseptic mixture of oak and sage bark. You need to take 1 teaspoon of each ingredient, mix, pour 500 ml of cold water and prepare on a water bath for 20 minutes. Means to strain, dilute with boiled water in proportion 1: 1. Rinse must be carried out at least a week even when eliminating the first signs of stomatitis. The optimal choice is a patronage appointed by the doctor, for example, Rotokan, but for each individual case, the drug must be selected in accordance with the symptoms and type of stomatitis.
- Treatment of stomatitis at home is a specific power mode. Within two weeks, and perhaps longer, almost all sweets, sweet foods should be excluded from the menu. It is also necessary to abandon sharp, spicy and acidic dishes, the food must be modeled warm, but not hot to ensure the most neutral effect on the oral mucosa.
- Anyicraft formed ulcers can be a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide. In half a glass of boiled water, a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide is poured (for children from 3 to 12 years old - half of the teaspoon of peroxide). The resulting means can rinse the mouth twice a day, but not more often, so as not to overcover the mucous membrane. Also, the pills of Rinza Lorspt, the pharyitis, which not only adapt the manifestations of stomatitis, but also will have a local antibacterial effect. Children helps those tools that are anesthesize teething - Camistad, Calgel.
- To restore and regenerate the mucous membrane, you can use homemade juices. Fresh carrot or cabbage juices are well healing wounds, the oral cavity should be ringed with juices for5 minutes, then the juice needs to be spawned. In addition, the juice is necessary and drinking, receiving 125 ml in a fresh fund for 10 days helps strengthen the immunity.
Rinse at Stomatitis
Stomatitis is well amenable to complex treatment, but rinsing at stomatitis is considered one of the most important procedures. Arguments in favor of the significance and effectiveness of therapeutic rinsing are as follows:
- If you "capture" the beginning of inflammation, when the AFTs have not yet been formed, and the bacterial infection did not spread widely, the frequent antiseptic rinse of the oral cavity can stop the process.
- Special solutions for rinsing greatly facilitate pain in the oral cavity.
- Rinse helps to prepare the mouth mucous membrane to further therapeutic procedures - local applications, applying gel or ointment.
- The treatment of the oral cavity by rinse contributes to the systematic removal of microbial activity products.
- Rinse normalizes the microflora of the oral cavity.
- The use of solutions, risks for rinsing contributes to the elimination of unpleasant odor from the mouth, so characteristic of stomatitis.
All solutions for treating the oral cavity can be divided into such categories:
The main rule for processing the mucous membrane with rinsing is regularness and multipleness. It is believed that the procedure will be effective if the patient has a mouthwash at least 3 times a day, but the optimal mode in the first days of the disease - every 2 hours. For the processing of the inflamed oral cavity, both pharmacy finished products and ragners of plants, herbs prepared independently are suitable. As a rule, such appointments and recommendations carry out a dentist, it determines the type of stomatitis and chooses the means that will really help reduce inflammation and neutralize the bacterial background. Depending on the type and stage of development of stomatitis, rinsing can be carried out by such drugs:
- Tantuum Verde.
- Solution of hydrogen peroxide.
The rule for therapeutic rinsing is simple - regularity, systematics, in addition, the fluid should be sprinkled every time so that it does not get into the gastrointestinal tract together with the microbes.
With regular rinse of the inflamed mucous membrane, a normal alkaline medium is created in the mouth, the foci of inflammation is gradually destroyed and damaged areas are regenerated. In addition to finished pharmacy drugs, rinsing during stomatite can be carried out with the help of so-called "home" means, such as such:
- A solution of drinking soda is a teaspoon divorced in a glass of boiled chilled water.
- Luggage alum is a small piece of alum (½ teaspoon) dissolves in 300 ml of boiled water.
- The infusion of nettle is downtown - 2 tablespoons of raw materials poured 500 ml of boiling water, insist 40 minutes.
- The chamomile decoction is half a glass of dry flowers poured 500ml boiling water, insist about an hour.
- Decoration of calendula flowers - a tablespoon of flowers poured 250 ml of cold water, boiled on a slow heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Plane of the plantain - a tablespoon of dry grass poured 500 ml of boiling water, it insists 15 minutes in the thermos.
- The infusion of lime color - 2 tablespoons of dry raw materials are wary of 500 ml of boiling water, they insist hour.
- Tea mushroom - rinse must be carried out at least 4 times a day.
You should pay attention to those who have an interest in the use of folk remedies for rinsing, on a careful handling of phytotherapy in principle. Thus, recommended in some sprunches of oak or green walnut bark can only be aggravated by dryness and irritation of the oral cavity during stomatitis, and the excessive zeal and frequency of procedures can provoke the opposite effect - the mucous membrane burn. It is better if the rinse during stomatitis will assign a attending physician, or to use in such ways that, if not cured, at least not harm.
Soda at Stomatitis
Soda is a simple substance familiar to everyone as a mandatory attribute in the kitchen in any house. In fact, this is a chemical crystal connection - sodium carbonate, capable of absorbing moisture, that is, hygroscopic and melting at high temperatures. The soda can be in various types of sodium-calcined or in the form of sodium bicarbonate - a ten-way NaHCO3, a familiar to us as a food soda. The soda was used as a medicine more ancient doctors, the recording of the Roman Dioscarid of the Pedaging about the wonderful healings of wounded warriors was preserved with soda baths.
Sodium bicarbonate is able to neutralize an elevated level of acidity, it is the activation of an alkaline medium in the body that helps restore metabolic cell processes, improve the nutrition of tissues, the saturation of them with oxygen.
The soda in stomatite is used as a solution, which is observed with a sour medium in the inflamed oral cavity. The normalization of acid-alkaline balance promotes the destruction of bacteria, increases the level of local immune protection, eliminates the possibility of developing infection.
Soda solution recipe for stomatitis:
- Half of the tea spoon drinking soda dissolves in a glass of boiled water.
- Rinse spend 4-5 times a day after each meal.
- Soda rinse involves a delay in the mouth in the mouth for 2-3 minutes.
There is another way when the soda neutralizes the bacterial environment in the oral cavity:
- 1,5 teaspoons of soda are bred in a glass of boiled water.
- Sterile gauze tampon is dipped into the solution.
- The mouth of the mouth from the inside is wiped with a swipon, trying to treat the farthest zones.
- The procedure is carried out in the morning after breakfast, at lunchtime and after dinner before bedtime.
The only possible disadvantage of soda rinsing can be an increased concentration of means and, as a result, cutting the oral mucosa. However, such phenomena quickly pass, it is enough to rinse the mouth with simple boiled water, the remains of the sodium bicarbonate crystallines will quickly dissolve and take place, this is due to the hygroscopicity of soda.
In short, soda is a universal means that comes up literally to all age groups of patients with stomatitis.
Miramistin at Stomatitis
Many modern drugs are now widely popular, but one of the main places in the list of leaders is occupied by Miramistin.
Miramistin is an antiseptic that is universal in the fight against various infections. Its feature is an advantage, because Miramystin is able to neutralize viruses, bacteria and fungal microorganisms. In addition to the therapeutic effect, the tool can be used as prevention, regardless of the localization of the process or the type of its causative agent.
The drug was created in the 70s of the last century, in the laboratory created to serve as the space industry. Since then, a lot of years has passed, and today it is a "cosmic" agent available literally to each of us, and doctors are successfully used by Miramystin for the treatment of gynecological, urological diseases, the drug is used in the treatment of labor wounds, in traumatology, in LOR-Practice.
Miramistine at stomatitis is prescribed as an antiseptic rinse, treatment of the oral cavity. The pronounced bactericidal effect of the drug allows you to destroy such types of microorganisms propagating not only with the oral cavity, and in other zones covered with mucous membrane:
- Staphylococcus SPP.
- Streptococcus SPP.
- Streptococcus Pneumoniae.
- Chlamydia SPP.
- Treponema SPP.
- Trichomonas vaginalis.
- Neisseria Gonorrhoeae.
- Rhodotorula Rubra.
- Torulopsis Gabrata.
- Candida Albicans.
- Candida Tropicalis.
- Candida Krusei.
- Trichophyton Rubrum.
- Trichophyton Mentagrophytes.
- Trichophyton Verrucosum.
- Trichophyton Schoenleini.
- Trichophyton Violacent.
- Epidermophyton kaufman-wolf.
- Epidermophyton floccosum.
- Microsporum Gypseum.
- Microsporum canis.
- PityRosporum Orbiculare.
How does Miramistin act?
- Activates local immunity.
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Prevents the spread of infection.
- Absorbing purulent exudate.
- Promotes regeneration.
- Wash the decomposition products of the bacterial flora.
Miramistine at stomatitis is used very simply - it is necessary to carry out the rinsing of the mouth 3-4 times a day for 7-14 days before decreasing the severity of symptoms or complete recovery.
Peroxide at Stomatitis
It seems there is no drug, more popular than hydrogen peroxide, except that the palm of the championship at the peroxide can take away the folk and all the favorite Validol. Hydrogen peroxide is used everywhere in the literal sense of the word - from medicine to life and even cosmetology. The drug consists of two elements - hydrogen and oxygen, opened it 2 with an excess century ago French scientist Trenar, whose name is quite rarely mentioned in connection with his brainchild. Hydrogen peroxide is used in various forms, but the use of the drug in the idea of solution is most common.
Liquid that does not have color nor specific odor, nevertheless has many positive properties, among which the following can be noted: •
- Mechanical purification of wound surfaces due to the reaction of hydrogen and proteins.
- Antiseptic property.
- Hemitting effect (thrombosis).
The hydrogen peroxide during stomatite is a means for treating the oral cavity, mainly before applying gels, ointments, therapeutic applications for which the pure disinfect and dried surface of the mucous membrane is required.
How do hydrogen peroxide use in stomatitis?
- Rinsing. The solution can be of different concentrations, but is most often prescribed 1% solution.
- Cleaning the oral cavity with a cotton or gauze tampon - 0, 25% solution.
The rinse is carried out from 4 to 6 times a day for 3-5 days, the course of treatment depends on the type and stage of stomatitis, which are determined by the dentist.
Cleaning the oral cavity is convenient to carry out a tampon, which is held by a tweezers, it is desirable not to carry out a hand procedure - no matter how they were processed, there is a risk of an additional infection in the oral cavity.
Hydrogen peroxide practically does not have contraindications, the only feature of the use of the drug may be a feeling of lung plug or burning.
Sinka from Stomatitis
Methylelenum coeruleum or blue is an active antiseptic that binds mucopolisaccharides and protein elements of bacteria cells, as a result of which the pathogenic microorganism dies. Xinka was really used as a simple bactericidal agent for processing wounds, scratches, bunting, burns. The local drawing of methylene blue is safe, the drug cannot overcome the barrier of the skin and is not absorbed into the blood. Currently, Methylelenum Coeruleum is rarely appointed, not because the blue has ceased to be productive, rather because new more comfortable drugs appeared. In addition, dentists try to cure the inflammation of the oral cavity as quickly as possible, so they prescribe such funds that have a wide range of action, that is, complex.
How is Xinka using stomatitis? The drug is very effective in the treatment of Mouth thrush, that is, it has a pronounced antifungal action. Therefore, methylene blue is most often shown in the candidoid form of stomatitis.
Before lubricating AFT, it is advisable to clean the oral cavity - rinse with its herbal decoction or special solution.
Watch tampon or wand is wetted in the finished pharmacy solution of blue and applied to ulcers, AFTs in the form of point applications. Only erosive zones are treated with blue, trying not to touch intact fabrics. The procedure mode and the duration of the course of treatment determines the attending physician. Contraindications for the use of blue are very small. Methylene blue can provoke an allergic reaction, but such cases are extremely rare, they are also not treated with toddlers under the age of one year and pregnant women. Sinky can not be treated with large, extensive inflamed areas. Otherwise, Xinka is effective and practically does not have side effects, except that the mucous membrane of the mouth and the skin is in a characteristic color.
Chlorhexidine at Stomatitis
Chlorhexidine or chlorhexidine Bigluconate is an antiseptic preparation, which is effective as a means of local antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral processing. Chlorhexidine is produced in the form of a solution, gel, cream, plasters and is used to treat such diseases:
- Disinfection and antiseptic processing of prostheses.
- Postoperative states in surgical intervention in the oral cavity.
Chlorhexidine in stomatite is used as a bactericidal and bacteriostatic agent. The activity of the medicine depends on its shape and concentration. Bacteriostatics manifests itself using aqueous or alcoholic solutions in a minimum concentration (0.01%), bactericidal properties of chlorhexidine are manifested at higher concentrations, higher solution temperature (22 degrees) and time of at least one minute. The anti-grapple effect manifests itself if chlorhexidine is used at a concentration of 0.05% with warm solution temperature and action of at least 10 minutes. The antiviral effect is achieved by a high concentration preparation - up to 1%. Thus, chlorhexidine during stomatitis can be a practically universal drug acting on all types of disease, it is only necessary to accurately choose the form and level of saturation of the drug.
There is another unique property of chcheeksidine - this is the presence and preservation of activity in a purulent or bleeding wound, that is, even when rinse and flatten the composition, the drug partially remains in the oral cavity and continues its work.
Methods for the use of chlohexidine in the treatment of stomatitis:
- Rinse with a solution with a solution is at least twice a day for PM1-2 minutes.
- Applications with gel shape - 3-4 times a day for AFTs, ulcers.
The drug does not cause allergies, the feelings of burning or discoloration of the language are extremely rarely noted. It should also be considered that the drug is incompatible with iodine, iodine-containing means and alkali. The rest of the chlorhexidine is considered one of the most universal and effective drugs for the antiseptic treatment of the inflamed oral cavity.
, , , , , , , 
Jodinol at Stomatitis
Amilaodin or iodinol is made from a regular iodine using its inclusion in a high-quality polymer - Potassium iodine (potassium iodide). Thus, iodine loses its annoying and toxic characteristics, while maintaining activity as an antiseptic and an important trace element. Yodinol in everyday life is called blue iodine and is used as a prophylactic agent against iodine deficiency for the neutralization of chronic fatigue, the decline of forces, drowsiness. In addition, the iodinol helps to reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the bloodstream, increases the elasticity of the vessels, activates the immune and hormonal system. Jodinol is considered one of the most bioavailable drugs, that is, that which is fully absorbed in the body. Its unique formula - valence form 1+ is the key to high bactericidal and regenerative indicators, in addition, the drug is effective as a fungicidal agent. The re-fulfillment of amyloodine quickly and without consequences is excreted through the urinary system, which allows the means to handle any zones, regardless of their size. In such a valence state, Yodinol during Stomatitis is a practically universal antimicrobial drug that can be used in the treatment of adults and children.
The molecular iodine is perfectly struggling with gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, in particular with kokkoy microorganisms, as well as with pathogenic mushrooms, which are quite often the cause of infectious aphthous stomatitis.
The external use of iodiumol is shown in such diseases:
- Purulent oral inflammation.
- Aphtose Stomatitis.
- Stomatitis caused by a mechanical factor.
- Prev and postoperative treatment of the oral cavity.
Iodinol during stomatite can be used as a rinse or in the form of applications. Rinse is carried out with 1% molecular iodine solution 3-4 times a day. Application rods are made in this way: the solution is wetted in the solution, the sterile gauze tampon is wrapped in them, ulcers, a little delaying the remedy for them (1-2 minutes). The multiplicity and course of the procedure determines the attending physician, but, as a rule, enough 2-3 days so that the inflamed sections of the mucous membrane began to be filled and regenerated.
Recipe for homemade blue iodine:
- 50 ml of boiled water.
- The first spoon of starch.
- 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Lemon acid 1 gram.
- To mix everything.
- Separately boil 150 ml of water, add a mixture thoroughly mixing.
- The prepared drug "Kisel" should be cooled to room temperature.
- In Kissel, add 1 teaspoon of iodine tincture.
When using iodinol, such rules should be followed:
- You can not mix molecular iodine with hydrogen peroxide.
- Iodinol is not compatible with other antiseptics, alkalis.
- Yodinol with long-term use can cause a local allergic reaction.
- The solution of iodiodola is as well as the "home" blue iodine should be stored away from sunlight. Storage Term The drug is limited (indicator - discoloration).
Alum at Stomatitis
The alum is a group of double salts of sulfuric acids, then a means that is used for home treatment has a different name - a galoon or alumokalium galloon. Komasians have found use in many areas of life, in industry as a tubyl, coloring agent, in photography in the role of the ingredient for the manufacture of emulsions, in medicine - as an antiseptic and means for cavity.
The alum during stomatite is rarely used, today there are many simpler and convenient preparations for treating erosive surfaces. However, like all the drugs familiar from us, the alum deserve a certain proportion of attention and a short description.
The action of the alum on the wound zones is due to their chemical composition. The trivalent salt is capable of denaturing protein compounds in such a way that tissue cells begin to coagulate. Consequently, the alum during stomatitis helps root ulcers, AFTs, as a result, the infection does not apply, and the wounds begin to heal.
The main positive characteristics of the alum:
- Knitting property.
- Enveloping effect.
- Antiseptic property.
- Coagulating effect.
- Hemitting property.
- Anti-face effect.
- Moderate anesthesia.
If the AFTs are migrated to the alum, a colloid film appears on the surface of erosion, which provides temporary protection of the open wound. Thus, a barrier is created to penetrate an additional infection, the wound ceases to bleed, the tissue is gradually epithelized.
In addition, the solution of the alum can rinse the mouth to neutralize the bacterial flora and the preparation of the oral cavity to the application of therapeutic ointments or gels.
Recipes with alum:
- Rinse solution. As a rule, the alums make up 1% of the liquid, that is, 5 mg of alum dissolve in 500 ml of boiled chilled water. The stronger solutions are prepared only for point cape.
- Application ignitions - a teaspoon of galoon dissolves in a glass of warm boiled water. A cottage or gauze tampon means applied to AFTs, ulcers, you need to try to apply alum only on wounds without affecting the surrounding tissues to avoid their cutting.
If the treatment of stomatitis at home does not benefit, the symptoms increase, it is necessary to re-apply to the attending physician to correct therapeutic destinations, it is also important to remember that independent experiments in the form of appliques from raw potatoes or rinsing with a solution of greenk not just can harm, provoke severe pain But also lead to severe complications.
To the dentist should be applied in the following cases:
- AFTs, ulcers do not make up, do not heal for two to three weeks.
- The symptoms of stomatitis grow up, every day the state of the oral cavity deteriorates.
- Olives bleeding, increase in size.
- It is noticeable to increase lymphatic nodes.
, , ,